Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Reported worksheets    

Reported worksheets

xani
Portugal

Reported worksheets

Dear friends,

One of my worksheets has been reported today because, according to the person who reported it: "unfortunately there are some words in Portuguese. Like yesterday on the 2 other ws of the same author." ...
As I answered to the member of this site who reported the worksheet, only the heading of the worksheet has some words in Portuguese, because I forgot to change them into English... The exercises in the worksheet are all written in English. Is it legitimate to consider that the worksheet is not valid because of that?
I would like to know your opinion on this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Sandra Mendon�a (Xani)

31 Oct 2011      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

They could have simply asked you to change the words in Portuguese to English via pm. 
The rules of the website do demand 1oo% English: "Your contributions must be 100% in English."
Sophia 

31 Oct 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi...

31 Oct 2011     

zenlee
Korea, South

All i want to say is I love your worksheets and you have done amazing things for this site. Please don �t let this minor complaint distract you....keep up the good work....and THANK YOU!!!! 

31 Oct 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Your wss are great but...100% means 100%, not 99%. You can always re-upload it.

EDIT: I just visited the reporting section and was very surprised - you reported the ws yourself.Shocked Why didn�t you just change the words and left it the way? Sorry, but this is ridiculous. And as you reported it yourself, you cannot be surprised if the ws will be removed.

31 Oct 2011     

Pazrosa
Spain

All I want to tell you is that I love your worksheets and so do my pupils. Don �t let you get down for the reporting, please.
Thank you (obrigadihna) very much for shearing your work with  us.
Hugs from Spain

31 Oct 2011     

allakoalla
Latvia

Dear xani and members of this great community!

We are all educators here working on the behalf of our sudents. Certainly, the main idea of a worksheet is to provide teaching material, suitable for a definite level of a particular class or group.

I hope that the majority would agree with me that it is not always possible to give the same ws designed for a certain student or a group of students to another one/ones without making certain changes to the ws.

I rarely use ws downloaded from the site without making changes to them, thus adapting them to the needs of my students, so if a teacher needs to make some minor changes (for example replacing translation into the native language of the students) it is only normal.

We should not forget that if a teacher who wants to upload a wss not always have enough time to adapt the ws 100% to meet the requiremets.

Taking this very strict position we might:
offend very devoted contributors
lose many valuable wss.

Please, be tolerant and respect the contributions made spending hours and hours.

With all respect to xani.

Allakoalla

31 Oct 2011     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Sandra! It �s been such a long time. It �s good to see you around.

The rule is that our worksheets must be 100% in English, so we can �t say that the member who reported your worksheet was unfair. Could he/she have sent you a pm giving you the possibility to update your worksheet instead of reporting it? Yes, he/she could. I did so myself yesterday in a similar situation. But the member who reported your worksheet didn �t. So, what is there to discuss? Should people take the time to send a pm instead of reporting a worksheet? Well, we can always ask, but we really can �t expect them to take the time to do so in every situation. I mean, imagine the number of hours it would take! So, please, don �t take it so personally. You can always update your worksheet and upload it again. Reporting your own contributions won �t solve the problem, will it?

Have a nice day,
mena

31 Oct 2011     

treasure0911
France

I know this 100% rule but I totally agree with allakoalla. Indeed if to upload your WS you need to spend even more time on the WS you �ve created for your students, I don �t always think it is worth it. I quite often don �t upload mine because I don �t have time to adapt them for the site (change words from one language to another/change the size...)

There must be some rules but I think intelligence can do the rest...

happy Halloween to all!

31 Oct 2011     

Mariethe House
France

Treasure:Thumbs Up
 Maybe we could put some more intelligence or discernment into the rules!Wink

31 Oct 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

Before the 100% rule, people argued because of the lack of rules about this. Now there are some and... you can guess the rest.

Rules are rules. Sometimes they are annoying, sometimes we agree with them.

Yes, the person who reported could have send a pm. The fact that it was not done, does not mean that "intelligence did not do the rest". The rules were applied. When we register here, we are asked to read  them. 

Some people here are really quick to judge and report when the person is a newbie and when it �s a respected and prolific member then the story change. I love Xani �s worksheet as much as anyone else but the reporting was not wrong according to the rules.

Have a great day!

31 Oct 2011     

1    2    Next >