Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOW    

WOW

nurikzhan
Kazakhstan

WOW

HELLO DEAR FRIENDS,

OUR COMPETITION IS GOING ON and we are still waiting for funny definitions:

this is  to refresh the WORD OF THE WEEK:

http://eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=31174

BEST WISHES.Smile

31 Oct 2011      

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

�Wet behind the ears�

This saying concerns one of Nature�s most agile, tactile and versatile of animals --- the domestic CAT --- or, to give it the Latin name, Multipurrpuss Pussicaticus.

(Incidentally, if the Latins are such great lovers, how is it that Latin is a dead language?)

This has nothing to do with anything, but I saw advertised at my Town Hall, a Dance: �Cemetery-and-Crematorium Department Staff Dance.  Live Band!�

To continue what I was saying: At present we have 2 cats.  At one time we had 4.  You know what it�s like --- one cat leads to another.

We always buy presents for our cats, especially at Christmas time.  Possibly you don�t know it, but there is a Cat �Father Christmas�.  He lives near us, at the seaside, on the beach.  His name is �Sandy Claws�.

At our Theatre, for their Christmas production, the local Amateur Operatic Society staged "CATS", by Andrew Lloyd Webber.  Unfortunately, the Show had to be cancelled after 2 performances.  The Theatre complained that the backs of all the Theatre seats had been damaged.  They were all clicked and scratched.

However, for those of you with a cat for a pet, you will know that a cat can wash, with its tongue, almost every part of its body.  It then dries itself by wiping with its forearm, like a child wiping its face with its sleeve.

The cat can wash every part of its body ... ... except wash behind its ears!

A cat needs a second cat to perform this function!

When the second cat is finished washing behind the ears of the first cat, it attempts to dry behind the ears.  But the angles are all reversed, and it puts its elbow in the first cat�s eye.  The ears remain undried!

Hence the expression: �Wet behind the ears!�

PAWS for THAWT.

�There was a French Rowing Team with 3 Members.  There was an English Rowing Team with 3 Members.  Every rower was a CAT.  The French Team was called �Un, deux, trois�.  The English Team was called �One, two, three�.  They had a boat race.  Which Team won the race?�

�I don�t know.  Which Team won?�

�The English Team�.

�Why?�

�Because the �Un, deux, trois�, cats, sank!�

31 Oct 2011     

dturner
Canada

ha ha ha.  cute.  A bilingual joke.  And now, what did the French skeleton say before his meal?
Bone Apetit, of course.

1 Nov 2011     

languaria
Germany

Once there was a father named John

Who said every day to his son:

�You may tell me thrice

that you�ve washed your face twice.

Listen: if you�re not still wet

behind the ears, �round your neck

then I know that your words

were nothing but lies.�