Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Muzzy English     

Muzzy English

BEA.
Belgium

Muzzy English

Hello dear teachers.

Is anyone here using Muzzy English for your young learners? If so, I just wanted to know how are you using it? Did you make your own WS? Do you have any suggestions about it?

I have started using it with my second graders and it is working quite well.

Thanks for your answers

Regards

Bea

9 Nov 2011      

Oksanochka
Ukraine

Hi, Bea!

I use the videos Muzzy in Gondoland and Muzzy Comes Back (did you mean them?) with my 3-d and 4-th graders. We watch each episode together, usually 5 minutes a lesson, I ask them questions about what they see/have seen, we write down the new words, play flash games for this episode (there are about 12 games for each episode). I �ve also made my own ws, but the exercises seem to be too difficult/complicated sometimes, so I �m considering changing some of them. You can have a look here. They are all editable. My students love this cartoon! I give it to them so that they can watch it at home, too. When we finish watching an episode, I usually turn the sound off in our next lesson and we describe what is happening on the screen. We do it in turns (I give private lessons, so it �s much easier for me).

Have a nice day!

Oksana

10 Nov 2011     

BEA.
Belgium

Hey Oksanochka!

Thank you for your answer! I have bought the Home edition of Muzzy (level 1 and 2) and I am using them in the classroom. My 2nd graders love them as well. I do the same, watch the video, and then drill the "hidden" grammar, do speaking activities, role-play, they just LOVE it and I can hear them on the yard playing and repeating sentences they heard on the DVD.

I did mostly the same WHs. I will scan them and try to post them here, maybe you will find some useful. Please tell me where did you find the clip-arts? I searched the internet and there is basically no muzzy clip-art.

Have a nice day,

Regards,

Bea

10 Nov 2011