Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Good Teacher    

Good Teacher

lxthinh71
Vietnam

Good Teacher

What are the qualities of a good teacher?

Thank you for your ideas!

12 Nov 2011      

dinglesazara
Spain

After teaching teenagers for years, I think the best quality of a teacher is pacience Thumbs Up keep calm in every situation, try to control it as much as possible without being too bossy since teenagers are "reactive". You should also make it clear that you are the teacher not their father, mother, friend,... so you have to respect each other in class, I mean: teachers and students, have to respect the members of the class.

It �s also nice to be a motivating teacher with new, fresh ideas and activities so that they have a large range of projects or proposals to be carried out in class. You should also encourage them to propose "motivated" activites to make the class "move" and sympathetic, you should try to understand them even if you don �t agree with their ideas. Not every teenager has a person to trust on and some teachers can help them to "rearrange" some aspects of their life or personality they need, want or shoul change.

Nice weekend!

Gloria

12 Nov 2011     

stexstme
France

Mine.
Approve
PS : Loving, caring, patient, hardworking, understanding, kind,  ..., ( + pretty as far as I am concerned, but teachers don�t have to be that exceptional...Embarrassed)

12 Nov 2011     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

@Thinh

Please, check this old thread:

It�s very interesting, so don�t miss it!! ;-)

Have a nice day - ladybird

12 Nov 2011     

stexstme
France

Too serious for me!Approve ( How about that � hollier-than-thou" attitude ? Hmm ? Could teachers feel just like workers do ? ie = normal ...)  
Welcome back, dear Silke!
Desperate housewifeLOL

12 Nov 2011     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I�m a desperate housewife, too!! Disapprove
Thank you very much, dear Sylvie! Hug

12 Nov 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hug  Hug   Hug 

@ Lady

My dear lady is back. I have a fuuuullllllllll Saturday.

I �m NOT desperate and I am NOT a housewife.

Please, come in and join my gang.

No housewives, no despair   - :))

Welcome Silke, really happy to see you again, I missed your pms for MOOOONNNTTTHHHSSS.

Glad you are back

Kisses
Linda

12 Nov 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi Ladybird

So nice of you to pop up! I �ve missed you this Hug much!

xx

13 Nov 2011