Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Help me, please... :)    

Help me, please... :)

Maja O.
Poland

Help me, please... :)

Hi everyone,

I �d like to ask you for help. I usually work with older kids ( 8-12 year olds ) but tomorrow I �m going to have a lesson with 5 year olds. There are about 24 pupils in the class and we have to "talk" about colours.
Can you recommand me some interesting activities, songs etc. I can use during the lesson. I �ll be very grateful for all the help.
Thank you so much.

regards
Maja

23 Nov 2011      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hi, Maja!

Have you already checked the bookmarks?

- Silke

23 Nov 2011     

orly100
Israel

Hello,
Here are some nice songs:

Tongue
English with Gogo �s:

23 Nov 2011     

ellakass
Israel

http://www.orianit.edu-negev.gov.il/harelasd/sites/homepage/elvira/Colors.htm

Games, songs, coloring. Good luck!

23 Nov 2011     

stessenspaola
Argentina

Hi
try using some TPR activities, young children love moving around and having fun while they learn. For instance you can paste some flashcards of the colors around the classroom, then name a color and ask the SS to run and touch them. Also teach the colors in context. You can choose a topic like fruits or animals and ask them to describe their colors. For instance you can name 2 colors and they have to guess which animals you are describing..and so on..

23 Nov 2011     

cindyfreksen
Denmark

If you have internet access check out http://www.dreamenglish.com
They have lots of songs with actions for young kids. I can recommend The Goodbye Song.

23 Nov 2011     

Maja O.
Poland

Thank you very much. It was a great help for me.

24 Nov 2011