Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help from Korean based or Asian members.    

Help from Korean based or Asian members.

Zora
Canada

Help from Korean based or Asian members.

I need the help of some of our Korean or Asian-based members.

I need to know what are some famous Korean landmarks that a normal person from Korea would know.

For example, American members will recognize Mt. Rushmore before a foreigner or a tourist will.

Cheers,
Linda

28 Nov 2011      

tinamarycampbell
Bahrain

Well you could be in a bbq but you wouldn �t be very happy!Tongue

28 Nov 2011     

Zora
Canada

I know that you are trying to be funny, but really you aren �t. Sorry. If you don �t have something constructive to add, then don �t.

28 Nov 2011     

maryse pey�
France

http://blog.asiahotels.com/top-10-landmarks-in-south-korea/

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/South_Korea/Soul_tukpyolsi/Seoul-1058426/Off_the_Beaten_Path-Seoul-Korean_Historical_Landmark-BR-1.html

28 Nov 2011     

Zora
Canada

Thanks Maryse, I will take a look at them. Hug

28 Nov 2011     

kate0611
Korea, South

There are a lot of famous landmarks - Jeju-do - the "Hawaii of Korea", Dokdo , Haeundae Beach, DMZ, The War Museum,  Jinju Cherrry Blossom Festival, Building 63, Gyeongbuk Palace, Soreoksan (mountain), they are a lot of markets - ie -Namdaemun Market - you can find a lot of tourist sites on the internet.

28 Nov 2011     

AMaedgen
Korea, South

Namsan Tower (aka Seoul Tower) is another famous landmark in Korea. The tallest mountain in Korea is Soraksan. The biggest palace in Seoul is called Gyeongbokgung. The "prettiest" palace in Seoul is called Cheongdeokgung (it has a famous garden called Biwon). There are two famous statues in Seoul in Ganghwamun. One is of King Sejong and one is of Admiral Yi Sun Shin.

Gyeongju is a very historical city in the south with a very large, famous Buddhist temple called Bulguksa Temple. There is also a large Buddha statue on a mountain near there called Seokgoram.

28 Nov 2011     

Zora
Canada

Thank you AMaedgen and kate0611, that is exactly the type of information I was looking for!

Many thanks,

Linda

28 Nov 2011