Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word clouds    

Word clouds

manonski (f)
Canada

Word clouds

Check this website: http://www.wordle.net/

Type a list of words or a paragraph of a text and then create a "cloud of words". 

28 Dec 2008      

blizzard1
Denmark

Thank you for the link. Smile
Could you kindly teach me how to work with "word clouds". I have never heard of it before but it looks interesting.
Tisha

28 Dec 2008     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi Tisha

You could use it to introduce the vocabulary for a new theme. It�s just an artistic way of presenting words.
Or you could brainstorm a topic with your students and then write all the ideas they come up with. Then type it in the appropriate box and "voil�", you have a creative presentation. You can change the fonts, the layout, the colours...

28 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

Woooooooooww!!! thank you manonski (f) Do you like my word cloud?

I�m going to do another one!!!!

28 Dec 2008     

blizzard1
Denmark

Thank you manonski and damielle. I�m not such a practical person and it�s good to get ideas about how to use it. . I in the site that the signs to be created are very eye catching.   That means good for my students to pay attention Wink and to remember words. 

28 Dec 2008