Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ideas for a lesson    

Ideas for a lesson

aniapen
Poland

Ideas for a lesson

Hi!
Next Monday my head teacher is going to observe one of my lessons. It �s going to be an individual lesson with a weak learner. It should be a lesson about days of the week. The previous one will be about school subjects (not all of them, just a few) and have got (affirmative I have got and negative I haven �t got). Do you have any interesting ideas about the activities I could prepare?
I always try to make these lessons attractive for my learner, but I �m running out of ideas. I sometimes use pp presentations to introduce or practice the material. We play different card or board games, use riddles, wordsearches or crosswords.
This time I would like me lesson to be really interesting, but I can �t think of anything special.
I think that at the beginning I will revise school subjects using cards, giving him some and asking which ones he �s got and which one he hasn �t. Then I will introduce days of the week and we �ll fill in his timetable in English. Then he could tell me something about the timetable, for example: I �ve got Maths on Monday. I could also ask him: Have you got English on Tuesday? etc.
But this is still not enough and it �s going to be a 45-minutes lesson.

If you could share your ideas what kind of activities I should use, I would be grateful.
Thanks in advance,
Anna

11 Dec 2011      

ellinida
Belgium

Hello Anna,

I don �t have any idea for a lesson about school subjects but a friend of mine had to teach the days of the week and he put his activity (entitled "Seven Days") on this site, have a look at it ;) It is based on the song "Seven Days" by Sting. http://eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=569993#thetop
Hope it will be helpful!

Yestimani

11 Dec 2011     

redcamarocruiser
United States

http://www.4shared.com/document/veiW89fq/Ive_got_rhythm_2.html is a powerpoint to support your lesson. 

12 Dec 2011