Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > a friend in need is a friend indeed...    

a friend in need is a friend indeed...

dileking54
Turkey

a friend in need is a friend indeed...

I just wanted to share my sadness with you.this is not the place of this subject,I know.however,I�m so unhappy to hear such bad news from israel. I want to ask you.I can�t find any answers in my mind. What is the reason for bombing such little naive,innocent Palestine children?If they were our children(or our students),could we respect again? How good civils we are,aren�t we?

29 Dec 2008      

sedefg�l
Turkey

I agree with you Dilek totally and with all my heart. I can�t stand people�s ( especialy children�s)

suffering from this torment even though they haven�t a slightest guilt.  and more importantly all nations just watch this without showing any reactions. It is time for us to show our reactions and It is HIGH time the agonies of these people stopped. 

I wish a peaceful year for every human being.

29 Dec 2008     

anatavner
Israel

What about bombing "little naive,innocent ISRAELI children????????
Do me a favor -  you DON�T live here - don�t mix politics and things YOU DON�T KNOW and English worksheets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sedefgul says: "
I can�t stand people�s ( especialy children�s)

suffering from this torment even though they haven�t a slightest guilt." How about US , Israeli people??? Don�t we suffer????????????????????

Be understanding towards EVERYBODY and not just the Palestinians. WE WANT PEACE!!!!!! Learn our side as well.

NO POLITICS!!!!!!!! This is NOT the place!!!!!!

29 Dec 2008     

Zora
Canada

Hey anatavner, please calm down. The others were quite civil in their ways about this... not "screaming" or getting "hysterical". I would strongly advise people to take a step back before typing something out or making replies like this. Besides, I didn�t see them  pointing any fingers at anyone - it is a global issue, we should all be embarrassed by what is happening there.  And I think that was what they were getting at.

29 Dec 2008     

cgato
Portugal

There we go again...Unhappy
No politics in this site please!I have my opinions about this subject and I follow attentively the news, but this isn�t the right place to discuss these matters. There are many chats and forums where you can talk about these problems. But let�s keep this site out of politcal and religious issues!

By the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all members, in the whole world, with lots of health, peace, love, friendship and prosperity. 

29 Dec 2008     

sedefg�l
Turkey

If you read my message attentively and calmly I said " I wish a peaceful year for every humanbeing (That means "EVERYBODY") " not just the Palestinian people.Israeli people, Turkish people and all..
I am sure all people want peace so I stated that. not a different word from yours.

29 Dec 2008     

mayamin
Tunisia

I really respect and appreciate your stand dileking54. No one can feel the Palestinian plight because they are not experiencing the horrible conditions thay are living in. I don�t blame anatavner because she really cares about israeli children. they are innocent too. but if u can compare the numbers of palestinians children killed in this eternal war you�ll see the difference. if u see the army bombing houses, widowing millions of women. have a quick look at history and u�ll see............... The problem is maintained by people on power.we have victims on both sides from israel and from palestine. we are educated, so we should�nt be silenced.may god bring peace to the middle east.may god help these helpless children with stones on their little hands to confront people with advanced weapons.In these times we can pray for them and wish a brighter year for them.may this bloody war finish as soon as possible. Please end this tragic drama.God bless the souls of the innocent people.

29 Dec 2008     

Zora
Canada

Ahh dear Sylvie, why do people assume that because they see a certain flag that perhaps that person has not seen horrors or been to places? One never knows the true story behind the "face" on the screen. We assume that because I am showing a Canadian flag that I or my family is automatically "free" of knowledge or suffering. Maybe perhaps, I am South American, or from Pakistan or Iran - you don�t know...maybe I have no family... you do not know...

All I am saying is - people should not rush to think that other people here don�t understand the plights or suffering of others. We are all human and this is not a political place, I agree... but sometimes, inevitally politics gets mixed up with things and we must respect each others view... Not shout - "You do not live here, you don�t know"... because you may be very wrong there... Respect people, respect views and their cultures or ideas.

Tolerance is a huge and very under-rated thing.

29 Dec 2008     

gilorit
Israel

It is really makes me sad to see how you people use this site to convey political messages in disguise of "being human". It is sad the world sees only one side, the side that chooses to put his children in the front line to get pity from the world. My heart is with all mothers and children all over the world but the palestine leaders don�t want any agreement with us - They want to see us out of here, But - We are not going to go anywhere.
I experienced these kind of bombing 2 years ago - so believe me - it is very easy to talk when you are far away, not invoved.
Let�s keep this site an island of sanity and try to behave as if we care about each other.
Orit 

29 Dec 2008     

sedefg�l
Turkey

Dear Orit,

you misread my message like anatevner. I did�t mention about "being human" but "human being" please don�t understand messages wrongly so convey your answer in return wrongly.
you don�t wanna bring politics to be brought here but you are the only person to state about palestine leaders or your political aim or whatever it is.
I am sure 2 years is long enough for people to be  bombed.
Please read messages attentively before answering.

Sedefgul

29 Dec 2008     

cgato
Portugal

Sorry, but i just have to say this :
...but if u can compare the numbers of palestinians children killed in this eternal war you�ll see the difference...  6 million jews were murdered here, in Europe. How many were children? And if Europe hadn�t allowed this massacre, 60 years ago, all this crisis in the middle east wouldn�t have happened!Not only Germany, many jews tried to go home, after war, in their own countries and they were slaughtered! Europeans are to blame.  
No, I�m not jew, but I�ve studied History for a long time. I know that jews and muslims lived together in the same place for hundreds of years till christians arrived in the middle age. If they have managed in the past, they will again now. At least, it�s what I believe in and hope for!
Best wishes.
Hope I didn�t hurt anyone�s feelings, but we can�t only see one side. It�s just not fair.

29 Dec 2008     

1    2    Next >