Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I am in need of help and would like to ask a question....    

I am in need of help and would like to ask a question....

Colie
United States

I am in need of help and would like to ask a question....

I received a private message from someone...this person appears to be new to the site because I checked their profile and they do not have any downloads or contributions. The email they sent to me was of religious connotation and very forthright in their opinion about their religion. ��

This is very difficult for me to understand. �I found the email to be somewhat crossing boundaries. �It is my understanding that the private messenger is for asking questions about teaching standards, skills, asking for help regarding students, etc. �Or even about worksheets.

I am not at all comfortable with this person contacting me and telling me to look at these particular websites regarding religion.

I would like your feedback on this issue. �Anyone have thoughts, suggestions? �

Thanks�

Colie

29 Dec 2008      

Zora
Canada

It�s spam, erase it. I think over half of us have received that message.

Cheers,
Linda

29 Dec 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

check the previous posts about the same:

29 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

He deleted his contact email on his profile. :)

30 Dec 2008     

Zora
Canada

He must have heard me say that we should send him "nice" little messages in answer! Tongue

30 Dec 2008     

Colie
United States

Thank you so much for your replies on this issue. �I simply deleted it. �And I quite agree with you Damielle and the others on this. �It has nothing to do with religion or religious view points at all...each person�s religion should be valued. �But, I do not think the private messenger or this forum should be the place to talk about it... particularly when I did not solicit the conversation.

I appreciate all your help and comments!

30 Dec 2008