Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > HELP! I īM DOING A WORKSHOP!!    

HELP! I īM DOING A WORKSHOP!!

N.F.T
South Africa

HELP! I īM DOING A WORKSHOP!!

Help!

I īm doing a workshop/professional development 1hour workshop and I have no idea what to fill the hour with... no idea what topic I should choose.

What workshops do you find most informative/useful?  Attended any good ones recently?  What were they about?  Please let me know:)

HEEEELLLLP!!!!

28 Dec 2011      

nurikzhan
Kazakhstan

"How to make group works more effective?"

and you should split the teachers into groups, they will find the effective ways themselves and present, what about you? You will just listen to them and make conclusions after them on the board!

Geek

28 Dec 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

I love workshops that are practical and that I can transfer right away in my class. If I can experiment it during the workshop and see it in action, that īs even better.

Nurikshan gave you a good idea.

Games that involve students in interacting orally in English is also a good topic as long as the teachers can leave with the templates of the games. If they have too much work to do when they return to class, there is a good chance very few of them will be used.

If your teachers have interactive whiteboards, a training on how to use them more effectively could also be interesting.

28 Dec 2011     

N.F.T
South Africa

Thanks for the ideas guys!  Keep em rolling in.  I īll be doing more training and workshops in the long term, so it īs always good to know what the teachers want/need and are interested in!  
Thanks for your input everyone!

28 Dec 2011     

stuartallen77
China

Hiya,

It really depends on the type of students your target audience teaches. The best workshops I did were probably on:

- How to use flashcards better in the classroom
- Teaching reading
- Classroom management
- Lesson planning
- Using games in the classroom
- Using technology in the classrom
- The International Phonetic Alphabet - "The girl from IPAnema"

Hope this helps,

Stuart

28 Dec 2011     

MissDal
Argentina

HOPE THIS HELPS....IT CAN BE USEFUL FOR a topic related to teaching children English 

29 Dec 2011