Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > christmas    

christmas

sawer
Turkey

christmas

All the friends, have a happy new year, wish you lots of new points in 2012 :) loves from Turkey ...

29 Dec 2011      

libertybelle
United States

Thanks.  (Just so you know - Christmas is over now - so Santa can pack up and go home!)LOL

29 Dec 2011     

miss K.
Ukraine

In Some countries Santa or FAther Frost is used as a new year character. So it can be just cultural thing. �Happy New Year!

29 Dec 2011     

libertybelle
United States

Miss K.
I know that - but this animation is Santa Claus on Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

29 Dec 2011     

class centre
Belarus

Well, he must be leaving now...

29 Dec 2011     

ironik
Australia

In Turkey we don �t celebrate xmas, we only celebrate the new year but in years we �ve taken all the traditions through media- santa, rudolph, the pine tree, gifts and so on, but we do it on the 31st of December. So sometimes it gets confusing and you can see Turkish people just call it Christmas in English :) My students do that, too, I have to warn them repeatedly that xmas is on the 25th of December.

So, Santa hasn �t come here yet, we �re expecting him tomorrow :D

30 Dec 2011     

sawer
Turkey

it �s just a christmas period  in all over the world - 25th of dec. everybody knows it- 

i just wanted to wish you all a good new year and picture is just for fun.
 i didnt write anything about the christmas but the title, 

... some people in Turkey -as you see above- strictly try to figure out that here we do not have or celebrate a thing like christmas, and i think this makes nonsense, 
of course all the world knows what christmas is while they aren �t celebrating or believing it.

we just share good things, its my case.

otherwise i think i don �t have to know when santa claus gets where, or the colour of his deers � noses, as not everybody in the world  knows what the fasting month or ramadan...

its not a reason to spar.

31 Dec 2011