Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > listening/reading    

listening/reading

mirela.sorina
Romania

listening/reading

Can I make a listening activity( with the text given and some missing words for the ss  to fill in?) is it ok? to mix listening and reading- the students are weak///

24 Jan 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

If they are really weak, you could provide the choices for them to fill in.
If they are young, I �d go with pics.
Sophia

24 Jan 2012     

mirela.sorina
Romania

they are intermediate- but the activiity is still listening if I give them the almost entrrre writtrn version??

24 Jan 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

you could do true/false, multiple choice questions, who said what, etc.
Yes, it would still be a while-listening activity if you gave them a transcript with missing information for them to fill in, but not a classic listening comprehension test, I guess:)
It depends on the audio.

24 Jan 2012     

Pelletrine
France

I �ve just been through a mixed Oral Comprehension with my  3e, most of them not very strong in English ( 4th year of English + initiation in lower classes)
Well: they managed the best..... filling in part !!!! They had to fill in words, learnt in Vocab part of the lesson. It gave them back quite a bit of self esteem  ;o)) 

If you want to share exos like that: could you please give links /transcript to the audio?

- Can �t share this one I mentioned: it �s �right from the book � ... editors don �t share.  ;o)
(but for French teachers, who might have the book, it �s from �New Live 3e � Unit 2 Bullying.)

24 Jan 2012     

mirela.sorina
Romania

well, I have an article uttered by leo di caprio on global issues- around 4 minutes- after tehy listem they answer some questions to check comprehension- my question was -if the activity is still considered listening as long as I give them the words- with some missing ( 10 words-also given) - pls take into account the textis quite difficult-)

27 Jan 2012