Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Unit 3 Build Up Burlington     

Unit 3 Build Up Burlington

mjpa
Spain

Unit 3 Build Up Burlington

I need your help, please.
Could anybody provide me with any material on the vocabulary from unit 4 for the book Build Up 3 (burlington books).
(Vocabulary on geographical features and adjetives.
It�s really important for me, please.
Thanks in advance.

31 Jan 2012      

moravc
Czech Republic

Please try eslp search, there might be some worksheets useful for you...
or: http://www.manythings.org/vocabulary/lists/c/words.php?f=geographic_features
But I think it would be easiest for you to write down the list of vocabulary (nouns) and adjectives and make the exercises yourself.
http://daphne.palomar.edu/atrujillo/geographic_features.htm
Try matching exercises (pic x vocab), gap-fill sentences, crossword, wordsearch, wordscramble, maybe a quiz - Which is the highest peak? Which is the deepest lake?...
Useful adjectives: hilly, flat, wooded, high, small, wide, shallow, deep, big, populous, steep ...

1 Feb 2012     

mjpa
Spain

Thanks a lot moravc, but i�ve already done all those things you suggest. I�ve "invented" hundred of exercises on the topic, and i�ve already searched in this site, but i haven�t found anything at all.
The thing is that my students are having special problems with this topic (geographical features) because they say the words all seem the same to them. There are several words which are very similar and i was trying to find something different. As I did not find anything, at last, again, I have prepared this time a lot of exercises with pictures. I tried to upload them here last night, but i wasn�t successful. I do not know why. I�ll try again later.
Thanks again.

1 Feb 2012