Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > instant chat    

instant chat

Nizarsouth
Tunisia

instant chat

Hi colleagues! what do you think  of providing a space for instant chat between colleagues on this website? 
 in such a space colleagues can exchange ideas, opinions, ask questions and get answers quickly and in an effective way. Smile

3 Feb 2012      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi There!

I think the forum serves that purpose. Besides you have another tool, such as: PM. Or you can ask members of this site for their private emails. Just an opinion...

3 Feb 2012     

Nizarsouth
Tunisia

yes you are right. It was just a suggestion.

3 Feb 2012     

moravc
Czech Republic

There is also The teacher �s cafe:

to have fun, to send birthday cards, funny messages...

4 Feb 2012     

PhilipR
Thailand

I think it �s a good suggestion. The forum and cafe are quite static, whereas instant messaging or chat is in real time, quicker and more interactive.

4 Feb 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi Philip,
If the form is static that is mainly because people don �t respond to a post, how would that be different in a chat? If no one has anything to say on a subject, no response will come also there..
I don �t think it is a good idea to add chats since then you are less likely to get good responses/discussions on the forum. I often read discussions without responding to them and they teach me a lot. I would hate to see the forum dwindle and I think that is what opening different chats would do.

4 Feb 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

+ the chat usually has a small window and the messages are out of sight pretty soon and it can get messy when several users chat about different subjects simultaneously, whereas on the forum you can view 10 threads. I think pms can serve that purpose.
I love chatting in g-mail or Facebook but I don �t think chat is possible for the page with so many users.
You can check Englishtips.org and see how their mini-chat works if you like.
Sophia

4 Feb 2012