Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Auto biographies    

Auto biographies

Daisee
Vietnam

Auto biographies

I am looking for an autobiography with a worksheet for an intermediate reading class.

Can you help me?

(not a biography. I have plenty of these but I can not find an auto biography)

5 Feb 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

haven �t found a ws so far but I did find an autobiography by Thomas Mann http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/1929/mann-autobio.html
If you are unable to find anything, at least you �ll have something for your own ws.
Sophia

5 Feb 2012     

puddyd
Oman

Here �s a short article.You could create a worksheet from it.It �s about Albert Luthuli.

5 Feb 2012     

Daisee
Vietnam

Sophia and puddyd, you are both wonderful angels to respond so quickly.

I am so sorry to say that in my haste I forgot to specify that it must be approximately 450 words (350-550).  The excellent links you gave are over 1000 words and much to advanced for my class�s level.

I am not keen to abridge anything just yet and am  **hoping**  that someone somewhere will magically say here is one just right for you.  Hopefully this is not wishful thinking.

5 Feb 2012     

puddyd
Oman

http://www.historyplace.com/lincoln/autobi-1.htm

This one �s short, not sure if it �s still too long . 
You could do an autobiographical song like : Charlene �s -Never been to me or look here for a song 
Goodluck ;-)

5 Feb 2012     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

Why not give half the class one half and the other half the other and ask them to read it in groups and explain to each other what they read?

5 Feb 2012