Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > english novel    

english novel

solena2405
Norway

english novel

Hello
I �m working at a secondary school in Norway and we want our pupils (12-15 years old) to read a novel in English. It should be an interesting topic for teenagers and not too difficult to read. Do you have any tittel to recommand?
I �m looking forward hearing from you
Thanks
Solena

10 Feb 2012      

aliciapc
Uruguay

http://www.mountainview.gov/civica/filebank/blobdload
.asp?BlobID=4724

and J.K.Rowling�s , of course !

This is great but for the youngest :  
(it says 9 - 11 but I guess for 12-year-olds some
are nice, too)

10 Feb 2012     

manuellei
Mexico

I �d would recommend the Oxford Bookworms Library. You can choose the right book depending on the level of English of your students. They have different kinds of books like classics, crime and mistery, horror and fantasy, etc.
Besides most of them are audiobooks and they have specific books for younger learners. I can send you the pdf document with the library chart if you want. Just give me your e-mail address.

10 Feb 2012     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Here �s the link for the bookworms library :

10 Feb 2012     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

I love Burlington graded readers books. There are lots of titles to choose for all ages and levels. My twelve year old students have already read two books this year; Gulliver �s Travels and The Prince and the Pauper. They have liked them a lot.
Hope it helps
Yolanda

10 Feb 2012     

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

I really love "Black Cat" editions.They have great books with interactive CD �s, background information-like historical events related to the story-info about the places mentioned in the books-info about the author....and they are graded.

10 Feb 2012     

aycaaycaesl
Turkey

Here are some readers that my students enjoyed a lot.

Chocolate Fever
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
There �s A Boy In The Girls � Bathroom
All Roald Dahl �s books

Hope yours also enjoy them:))

10 Feb 2012     

solena2405
Norway

Thank you a lot for your advices and links...
take care!

12 Feb 2012