Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with translation    

Help with translation

aliciapc
Uruguay

Help with translation

Can anyone help me please ? ... I �m translating a document and it �s hard to find the best term to express " fecha de baja por cese de actividad " ... nothing I come up with seems to sound good enough ...
Any suggestion is welcome ! Thanks a lot !
Alicia

11 Feb 2012      

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Alicia,

"Closing date for termination of the work/business/project/job/scheme/task/undertaking/activity".

(The final word of the sentence will depend on what type of "work" is being ended.)

Les

11 Feb 2012     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Thanks a lot , Les ! 

11 Feb 2012     

Mar0919
Mexico

Termination date due to lack of activity...? how does that sound?

As Les said, it all depends on the kind of activity you refer to, it can also be (dar de baja=unsubscribe) ....

Mar

12 Feb 2012     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Thank you Mar, it �s for registration with a medical order so I guess Les � suggestion "closing date .... activity" is the best . Don �t you think ?

12 Feb 2012     

yanogator
United States

Mar seems to be interpreting "por" to be "for the reason". Is it that, or is it "for the purpose of", as in Les �s translation?

Bruce

12 Feb 2012