Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > My heart is with Greece and all my Greek friends    

My heart is with Greece and all my Greek friends

mariannina
Italy

My heart is with Greece and all my Greek friends

12 Feb 2012      

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

Dear friend,

What we are experiencing is beyond any imagination. I was downtown to demonstrate and suddenly chaos...My friends and I managed to walk away safe and sound but it �s like Athens is in a war situation.

Right now many buildings are on fire, many hundreds of people are around the parliament, the police are trying to stop anarchists from destroying whatever they can, no one can breathe because of the gases used to scatter people away...

I don �t know what will happen but things don �t look well. My country is suffering, we the people are trying hard not to give up hope, but...

Hope you never experience this feeling of emptiness and disappointment.

12 Feb 2012     

Mariethe House
France

We have been following the situation in your country and unfortunately the same thing is happening in many European countries and other countries worldwide. Great shame on all the big finance ruling the world and leading the people to distress and fear  of the future. Great shame on the politicians who put all the weight of the crisis on the vulnerable and already suffering  people.
 Amalia, I am glad you are safe. that sort of demonstration with a lot of violence is terrifying.Hug

12 Feb 2012     

RabbitWho
Czech Republic

The whole world is being turned upside down. I�m so lucky to have been born exactly where and when I was born, 5 years later and I probably wouldn�t have ever been able to afford go to college as it is not free in Ireland anymore, or even cheap! And obviously there are many places I could have been born and been worse off. Everything is falling appart, but the most important thing is that you and your friends are safe Amalia! 

12 Feb 2012     

teresapr
Portugal

I believe all our hearts and prayers are with Greece and our Greek mates and friends!I hope people in charge will have the ability to go through this difficult situation and that our world will be again a place where we can live!!
Keep strong dear Amalia as well as all of our Greek members!I wish you all the best!Teresa 

12 Feb 2012     

Lovely Lana
Greece

Dear Amalia, Thanks God you and your friends are safe! Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. Let �s hope for the best!

12 Feb 2012     

knds
Greece

I live in a small town in Greece and we demonstrated today peacefully. We protested with our children (mine is 3 months old!) against the austerity measures, because our children are the ones who will pay the prize! 
I have never been a part of this political system because I have never voted in favour of those who have been governing this country! We have always been the minority who talks about the wrong way that our country has taken and the need for change, long before IMF and EU!!
I used to live in Athens and have taken part in many protests there. I don �t know who those vandals are, but I �m certain they are obscure figures(!) Tonight, all these that you see and read about, are done on purpose, in order to "cover up" the huge protests all around Greece!

Thank you for your support and understanding.
May you never be in our shoes!

12 Feb 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

Everybody should have the right to feel free and at peace in their country.

May this chaos leave soon and let you return to a good life.

12 Feb 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Amalia

With you, with Greece, with Greek people   .....

May peace be with us, Europe is the old world, it �s where most of  the world nations were born. Greece is a kind of nest for Mediterranean civilizations - may you achieve the piece, may Europe be a phoenix.

All my love

Linda

12 Feb 2012     

mariannina
Italy

Dear Amalia and knds, in Italy we have experienced all that you are living now and those who are putting Athens on fire are obscures figures indeed!
I don �t know where this world is going and I am very sad for the future of the young generations.
Please, don �t give up, you are strong people and history theaches it!
Hugs.
Mariannina

12 Feb 2012     

maripa
Greece

I live in the center of Athens. Bombs exploded outside my house and two blocks away the city is burning. All through the afternoon people were going outside the parliament demonstrating peacefully.Thousands of people were there, many having their children with them. 
When, around eight o �clock it was obvious that the people were not going to leave, violence suddenly broke out. Fires started everywhere, historical buildings have been completely destroyed and Greece is on the media worldwide for the riots and not for the disastrous austerity measures that are being voted. 
I agree with knds: May you never be in our shoes!!

12 Feb 2012     

1    2    Next >