Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > PRAY TO THE FLAG     

PRAY TO THE FLAG

noemilima
Argentina

PRAY TO THE FLAG

PLEESSSEEEE��� Could you tell me where can i find a pray to the flag o something similar.In argentina we usually say a pray to the flag before start class  For instance LA ORACI�N A LA BANDERA, now i need something like that PLEEASE I HOPE YOUR ANSWER ���

14 Feb 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

If you mean the American flag, then you can look here http://www.ushistory.org/documents/pledge.htm
Sophia

P.S. Could you please remove the post above, as it�s absolutely identical to this one.
Ho to do this? - Click "Post an answer", then click "Remove topic"

14 Feb 2012     

renko6
Poland

Hi !

Here you can hear the Pledge of Allegiance to the American flag, it �s kind of a pray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52dfJnLkEd4

In Poland we do not have any pray to the flag

Have a nice day !

Renia Wink

14 Feb 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

There is some controversy here in the USA over the Pledge of Allegiance. (It is not, and never has been, a prayer. We don �t worship the flag.) The original wording from 1892 was
"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
In 1923, "my flag" was changed to "the flag of the United States of America." That wasn �t controversial in the slightest. However, in 1954, the words "under God" were inserted after "one nation,"  in order to distinguish God-fearing Americans from the "godless Commies." (Heavy sarcasm on "godless Commies." But that was the USA in the 1950s.) So the Pledge now officially reads
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
 I personally would like to see the Pledge go back to the 1923 version or even the 1892 version with no reference to God at all. The USA is, and in my opinion should be, a secular country. But that �s just my opinion.

14 Feb 2012     

Jayho
Australia

We don�t pray or pledge allegiance to our flag (except during citizenship ceremonies) but maybe you can find something of use here

P.S.  What on earth has happened with the forum? It is all askew and my poor eyes feel like this Wacko

14 Feb 2012