Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > first class!!    

first class!!

jg574
Argentina

first class!!

Hi everybody! Next week classes are starting in my country and I need some ideas to do with my students. They �re from 6 to 9 years old. Any suggestion would be welcome. Please HELP ME! I �m kind of lost. 

22 Feb 2012      

piedadrosell
Spain

Hello
The first day at school is very exciting not only for students but for teachers too.
If you don �t know the students you can introduce yourself, a funny way to do it is  using your gluteus, I mean, you have to do each letter of your name only using your gluteus and the students have to guess your name. Then it �s going to be the students turn.

After that, you can talk about the rules in the English class, such as, you should speak in English, raise your hand if you want to speak...They can do the pictures of the rules and stick on the classroom wall.

I hope these ideas will help you.

22 Feb 2012     

Stellam
Argentina

Hi piedadrosell
Wacko It beats me how you manage to make letters using your buttocks.

23 Feb 2012     

yanogator
United States

Yeah, where do you put the chalk/marker?????

23 Feb 2012     

Engteachar
Argentina

hahahaha. No it means that you have to draw your name in the air using your hips.

23 Feb 2012     

s.lefevre
Brazil

If they are absolut beginners, I always ask them if they speak English and of ccourse they say no. Then I give them a worksheets with words they certenley do know like taxi, hamburger, hot dog. I have a worksheet with those words adapted for Brazilian students ( I think that for Argentinians, it must be the same). If you are interested, I can send it to you. Then I ask them to give me more English words.

23 Feb 2012     

jg574
Argentina

I would be really grateful if you can send me your ws

23 Feb 2012     

lipofootoo
United States

Here are some warm up activities and icebreakers that you can watch on video.

24 Feb 2012