Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > advise me please !    

advise me please !

valenaug
France

advise me please !

hello courageous teachers !
I �ve got an ethical problem. I downloaded a Ws from an esl member  but I �ve been updating it since this morning. So it �s a different one but  with elements from the one I downloaded. Am I allowed to publish it on the site or can it be considered as intellectual robbery ?
Thanks
valerie

24 Feb 2012      

blunderbuster
Germany

No, I don �t think you should. I had the same issue with a German ws on a different platform and I had the ws removed. 

Honestly and from the perspective of a human being: I also shared a trivia quiz here about a year ago. I came up with the idea myself and invested lots and lots of time in researching and designing it, ended up not giving it to my own students. Someone who downloaded the ws published their own version about a year later......I was disappointed, quite so.

Do you really need the points so badly? I am sure you can come up with something else if you really need to send it for the points.

Warm regards

24 Feb 2012     

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

Maybe you can ask the esl mamber for permission to use it.If the member says it �s ok then don �t forget to mention it in the worksheet description so as not to be reported.

24 Feb 2012     

madamev
France

I �ve already had the same problem, I had borrowed a text from a member but the reading activities were really different. I sent her a private message to make sure she didn �t mind and uploaded my worksheet precising where the text came from. My worksheet wasn �t removed. So I think it mainly depends on the activities you �ve made on your own. If you just changed a few sentences or removed a question, I think you shouldn �t upload it. But if the activities are really different, you might share it. Hope our answers will help you!

24 Feb 2012