Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > AND SOME MORE QUESTION!    

AND SOME MORE QUESTION!

Poohhh
Ukraine

AND SOME MORE QUESTION!

IS IT POSSIBLE TO SAY: WORLDS FIRST TOURIST OR WORLD �S FIRST TOURIST? I CHOSE THE SECOND VARIANT. YOU SEE HERE IN UKRAINE WE HAVE TESTS AT SCKOOL AND I �M WORKING WITH A STUDENT NOW TO PREPARE HER FOR THEM. BUT IN ANSWERS THE RIGHT VARIANT IS THE FIRST ONE BUT I �VE GOT SOME DOUBT. THANKS EVERYBODY WHO WILL HELP ME!

1 Mar 2012      

yanogator
United States

Yes, Winnie, this is a possessive, so it needs the apostrophe. I �m wondering about the whole thing, though, since the world �s first tourist lived a long time ago. Is this maybe meaning the world �s foremost tourist?

Bruce

1 Mar 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You know, Bruce, in Ukrainian home-made tests the sentences usually come out of the blue and sometimes don �t make sense at all, but they do have some grammar point in mind which the ss have to guess and make the right choice and hope that the person who will check the test at least reads the questions before looking at the keyConfused
Sophia

1 Mar 2012