Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > New York city Tour    

New York city Tour

sirhaj
Malaysia

New York city Tour

I want to do a game based on New York City but I have never been there ( wish one day I will), what are the distinctive, well-known, significant areas in the city that defines New York? In my mind are:

1. Times Square: Entertainment/crossroad of the world
2. Fifth Avenue: Shopping
3. Upper East Side: Luxurious residence
4. Central Park: Park
5. SoHo: Artist
6. Wall Street: Economy
7. Madison Square:
8. Broadway
9. Liberty Island: Statue of Liberty
10. Brooklyn Bridge:
11. Madison Square

What else?

Some of these places might not be true to its significance or overlap I think, Fifth avenue if I �m not mistaken is close or somewhere in Upper East Side? is it? what is the significance of Madison Square? Is Broadway that distinctive and well-known in New York? is there any area in NYC that is famous for particular things like technology or medicine/pharmaceuticals? I �m sorry but I don �t know much about NYC, never been there, forgive me, please give me good information on the "Big Apple" or I might end up teaching the students
" Sour Orange" or " rotten Strawberry" instead of "Big Apple". Thanks in advance.

Sirhajwan

14 Mar 2012      

Mariethe House
France

You know Sirhaj, ESLP is a wonderful resource! Have a look here!

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/buscar.asp?nivel=any&age=0&tipo=any&contents=new+york&username=#thetop

14 Mar 2012     

cindyfreksen
Denmark

Just one comment... The statue of liberty is on Ellis island.

You could try to google tourist guide New York to find places to �visit �

Don �t forget the Empire State Building.

Good luck  am sure that your Pupils will love everything :-)
Cindy

14 Mar 2012