Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Possible malware threat    

Possible malware threat

MARLEF
Greece

Possible malware threat

Dear friends,
For the last  couple of days , whenever I try to browse through the site I get this message from my antivrus program (avast)

Infection Details

URL: http://fla15.maxexp.com/tag1.html
Process: C:UsersUserAppDataLocalGoogleChrom...
Infection: URL:Mal
Warn your friends to avoid this website 

Is anyone experiencing the same problem? Do you have any idea what may have caused it?Or how I can handle it?

Thanks in advance!

2 Apr 2012      

tech_teacher
Bahamas

I too use Avast on all my computers however, I am not getting any messages or warnings when I access this site.

2 Apr 2012     

sictireala8
Romania

I have avast too and I didn �t get any warnings at all.

2 Apr 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

I also use avast and didn �t get any warnings either...

2 Apr 2012     

wysiwyg
France

Apparently, a lot of people get the same message when browsing different websites (Eurosport, i.e); maybe you should do a complete scan, because the malware could have installed itself in your hard drive (C disk).

2 Apr 2012     

wysiwyg
France

"A quick Google search for that domain name shows that a few people on completely unrelated forums have the same problem when clicking on links in those forums.

Your computer or web browser is probably infected with malware, which is hijacking links in the web pages you view. Some virus databases stated that that domain name is linked to a virus called "Swizzor". Apparently, you downloaded a program that was bundled with the infection.

Try running MalwareBytes. You can also attempt manual removal; I found some decent instructions in a Google search, most of which should work without needing to download any new programs."
http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postsm745063_The-heck-is-up-with-this-site.aspx?find=unread#post745063
Good luck!

2 Apr 2012     

MARLEF
Greece

Thank you all so much! 
I �m going to try your suggestions wysiwyg .
Thanks for all the trouble you got into!

3 Apr 2012     

wysiwyg
France

You �re welcome, dear.

4 Apr 2012