Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > YOU ARE RIGHT LADYBIRD!!    

YOU ARE RIGHT LADYBIRD!!

EMIRHAN027
Turkey

YOU ARE RIGHT LADYBIRD!!

PEOPLE SHOULDN�T TALK ABOUT POLITICS HERE AND SEND PM ABOUT THAT.THIS PAGE ISN�T A POLITCAL DISCUSSION CHAT AND TALK PLACE .

4 Jan 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

I received the same reply too... We have buttons to report stolen sheets, could we have one too to report members?Wink

4 Jan 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

And this is message number 3 that I just received:

this is not religeous message 
palestinian
do not be blind.

you see the news.

I lost my friends  , so where is the Democracy

Is it fair ?

ALLah sent all the massengers with his mercy and prophet Mohammad was treat one jew honstly he was hurting him and one day the jew was sick and prophet Mohammad visited him and the jew entered Islam.

I do not know u ,but I want u to read about us.

Iam a Muslim woman and Ihave Amrican Muslims friends.  Good bye

have a nice day

4 Jan 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Ladybird,
I did not reply to her but I just did get a fourth message. Seems that this member wants to know why I�m angry...
I give up...

4 Jan 2009     

missola
Palestine

for all of you colleagues i will say sorry in behalf of all muslims. I am a muslim palestinian too but I don�t enforce anyone to share my own beliefs. but please I want to ask you something all of you, "be merciful with the sender because no one could ever imagine what�s going on in our country and maybe the sender wanted you to feel with our people and maybe support us."
Morever, let me say and please don�t missunderstand me me in what i will say. why talking about islam bothered you while talking about chirstmas and new year� eve and thanks giving didn�t? I even sent wishings to many members on this site and I didn�t tell anyone of them I�m not Christian. what I mean to say is that sharing others with their own beliefs is not a big problem as you may make it appear.

as for the sender whom I don�t know by the way. I ask her please not to bother anyone and it�s not your duty to make others believe in what we believe. You can only ask them if they want to pray for our people and that�s all. don�t let your feelings make you forget that we are not supposed to impose our beliefs on others and make them think wrongly about us and our religion. we should all be good images of our own religions.

anyways, again I�m sorry for what some people do but don�t let this make you judge us in a wrong way.

that�s all
my best regards to you all

4 Jan 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Missola,
I have been nothing but polite with this member. How many times can someone ask not to be bothered about the topic of religion? Twice, I�ve asked her not to use my email for religious purposes but that it was ok if it was about ESL teaching.
I don�t deny that some people are going through some tough times. My request is not to use my email to discuss religions.
And about your Christmas comment: I did not send any private emails to anyone about that. I don�t care what religion people are into.

4 Jan 2009     

missola
Palestine

manonski (f)
yeah i totally agree with you.
actually there was some missing part in my message and i editted it.
all i can say for you and all the others that I�m sorry for what some do.
and I hope she gets the message and stop doing what she does because (again I agree with you) this is an educational site and that�s all

with all my respect 

4 Jan 2009     

missola
Palestine

ladybird
actually i don�t know what to say and i don�t know why is she doing all this.
I just hope she will have the decency of stopping by herself.
As for me I appreciate that you are so much respectful
ola

4 Jan 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Missola
Just wanted to let you know I was never offended by your comments. I appreciate your point of view. I don�t put people of same races in the same basket and I don�t do the same with people of the same religion. Please don�t feel you need to apologize for another member�s actions just because you share a religion.

Peace!

4 Jan 2009     

ESL
United States

Misolla and others-
I have received an email like this also. I just deleted it. I do not want emails like this again though.

Personally, I do not care what religion you are, as long as you are a decent, nice, and respectful person, you are fine by me. I recently told someone that friendship is colorblind... I teach so many different cultures that as long as I am treated with respect, you will also.

Misolla- do NOT apologize for anyone but yourself- and you definitely have nothing to apologize for.

We are a melting pot - if this ignorant person does not want to be an ingredient- than he/she needs to go elsewhere!

5 Jan 2009