Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > What do you think?    

What do you think?

puspita
Indonesia

What do you think?

Fellow teachers, just a question: would it be okay if I copy a worksheet from a book (meaning retyping word by word), add some pictures that may slightly different from the original one, decorate it with different font and border, then call it �my worksheet�?

Sorry to ask you all the same old question, because the previous one didn�t get any answer.

Please compare:
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=34763#thetop
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=48029#thetop

Spot CRUCIAL differences besides the dates?
Funny thing is, both are taken from New English Parade 3 workbook.

26 Sep 2008      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Seriously? If you copy the worksheet from the book - then you are copying and it is not original...
Why don�t you try changing the original idea a little bit.  For example - if you liked the activity - create a similar activity with your own vocabulary.  See Icha�s taboo cards - she has copied the idea from Taboo (the boardgame) - she has given a link to their website, and she has made her own vocabulary words up.  Therefore using a game - but making it original.  Thumbs Up

If you think something is stolen - then report it...

27 Sep 2008     

puspita
Indonesia

Thank you Vickiii, my thoughts exactly. I just want to find out how members draw the line about copying here on our beloved site.  Sadly, it is still a gray area.  People seem to get mad only when THEIR own creations were being copied by someone else (considered stolen?!) and don�t really care about WORKSHEETS FROM BOOKS (unless they are  scanned ones).

I found a lot of copying actions, some are even done by premium members who don�t bother mentioning the source  or giving credit to the original creator.

I�ve reported the stolen worksheets and I�m still waiting for Victor�s actions. 

Once again, thank you Vickiii for sharing me your precious thoughts.

Best regards,
pus

28 Sep 2008