Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Project: CULTURE BOX. Anybody interested?    

Project: CULTURE BOX. Anybody interested?

Tere-arg
Argentina

Project: CULTURE BOX. Anybody interested?

Hi everybody,

I have had wonderful exchanges with teachers from ESLprintables, except for one who made my students overwork and once we sent our part...just disappeared.

So...please, if you offer to carry out the project with us, do so with responsibility.
I hate my students  -or any other�s- being disappointed after having worked hard  and so enthusiastically.

PM me if you like the idea.

Tere from Buenos Aires, Argentina

Thank you and HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!

12 Apr 2012      

aziz_bouzeir03
Morocco

i m an english teacher from morocco i d like to be part of this  u can contact me on [email protected]

12 Apr 2012     

D@N! P
Brazil

Hello Tere,

Maybe if you explain how does this project work, I can take part on this.

How old are your pupils? I have a group of 18 students from 9 to 12.

Regards,

D@N! P

12 Apr 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

To  D@N! P: it �s atemplate project provided by the British Council and you can read about it here  http://schoolsonline.britishcouncil.org/templateprojects and even download the template itself. I once wanted to take part in it but I applied when they have already chosen the participants from my country and I didn �t know it had to be done officially through the British Council representatives in Ukraine. Nevertheless, the template is free and you can do this project with a partner you can find IMHO.
Sophia

12 Apr 2012     

Tere-arg
Argentina

You�ll find more info HERE

and  HERE

***  The first link opens a  window to download a document. It is safe (from the BBC)

12 Apr 2012     

Tere-arg
Argentina

I would not call it is a "template" project.

It is true somebody got the idea from the BBC, but our exchange is wider.
No templates required.

We just include in the box material prepared by the students. Each of them decides on the type of material he/she is going to work on and, of course, the subject.
We, teachers, only monitor their work.  They prepare most of the work at home. 

What do they  do? pps presentations, CDs with our music or festivals, or classes, or the students explaining some facts about our country; pictures with their description (in the student�s words); postcards; authentic material like leaflets, tickets, stamps... etc.; documents  showing info about places, food, drink, beliefs...customs in general.

Students are very creative and they always provide new ideas, they get involved and  become eager to get the boxes and learn something new.
Concrete material, coming directly from the place we are studying makes everything far more interesting for them. They always want to know more!

Our first experience was with Turkey last year and it was great!

BTW, thanks to Yasemen, an excellent teacher!

12 Apr 2012     

amhercer
Chile

Hey there Tere!
My name �s Amanda and I �m Chilean... I �m really interested in your project but our cultures are rather similar. How old are your students?? Mine are  from 14 to 18 years old.

Regards,

Amanda.

12 Apr 2012     

romanaesl
Slovenia

Hi Tere!

I �m interested in your project! Please let me know when to start - our school year finishes on the 23rd of June. I �m a teacher in a primary school in Slovenia. I teach pupils aged 11-14.
Best,
Romana Janc

19 Apr 2012