Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > problems with office 2010    

problems with office 2010

Guadalupesm
Spain

problems with office 2010

Hi, everyone,
I have office 2010 in my computer. The problem is that when I try to send a printable as document 97-2003, nearly the whole document changes. There�s a message that tells me that the document may change, and I have two options: continue and cancel.

If I click on continue, the document changes, and if I click on cancel, I have to re-send it as document 97-2003, so the problem comes again.  I don�t find this problem if I send it as word document, but it�s not possible to upload it in this format.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thanks,
Guadalupesm

1 May 2012      

MoodyMoody
United States

Have you tried saving the document in compatibility mode before you start formatting? Unfortunately, you lose a lot of functionality this way, but it might help prevent the changes you are having trouble with. One of these days, Victor is going to have to let us update to .docx and .pptx. Perhaps he could take a week long poll of current users and see how many of us have Office 2007 or 2010 versus 2003 or earlier versions?

1 May 2012     

ikram jeseen
Sri Lanka

I think you save your documents TO 97/2003 only after you have typed. I too have the same 2010 office. But I never save them after I typed them. always I save the documents  to 97-2003 doc,,before I start typing.  So I never encounter such problems. You too follow my procedure and then you �ll never have this problem again.

Have a nice May DAY

IKRAM JESEEN

1 May 2012     

silvia.patti
Italy

I have the same version (office 2010) and I save the document before I start my worksheet, so I haven �t any problem. But it �s quite annoying; I hope Victor will edit the site so that we could upload .docx.
Silvia

1 May 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

I do the same as the others: if I plan on sending my work here, I start in my older version of Word.
I think letting docx documents should be considered. I know some of us don �t have the latest version but I believe it �s possible to open a docx document if you download a viewer by Microsoft.

1 May 2012