Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help please    

Help please

Farah12
Lebanon

Help please

Good morning everyone..

I am required to design an invitation card to parents to attend a production day in my school ( there will be performances ,songs...etc).. I actually don �t know what to write to make it appealing to parents.. any samples or suggestions? Please help  me

Thanks in advance

4 May 2012      

MoodyMoody
United States

I don �t have any samples, but first remember that many parents are going to show up just because their little darling is performing. My suggestion is to make the card as visually appealing as possible given your printing constraints. (Color won �t work if you �re stuck with black and white, for example.) Use pretty fonts that look appropriate for the age of student you have. I don �t know Arabic fonts, so I can �t make suggestions about which to use.

Use pictures to give an idea of what the production day is about.  Photos of the children would work well, but use clip art if that �s what you have.

Don �t ignore color if you can use it. Use borders, shapes, text boxes, WordArt, etc.

Look for templates for your invitation cards. You can adapt to fit your needs, but they can save you a lot of work.

Finally, many of the ESL Printables tutorials can help. They won �t fit your exact situation, but the principles of designing attractive worksheets can be adapted to design attractive invitations. Good luck with Production Day!

4 May 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You can browse for ideas here.

4 May 2012