Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Crossword Puzzlemaker    

Crossword Puzzlemaker

eaglestar
Philippines

Crossword Puzzlemaker

Hello friends,

Do you know of a good program or software that makes crossword puzzles? I know there are many if you search on the net, but I would prefer to ask you what is the best one and which one you are currently using.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Stella

7 Jan 2009      

frenchfrog
France

http://www.puzzle-maker.com/

And you can also download this programme for free: http://www.eclipsecrossword.com/ (it was first given by Pika. She uses it to make her wonderful crosswords!)

Frenchfrog

7 Jan 2009     

Koenigin der Nacht
Cyprus

I don�t know if someone has already suggested this before, but my personal favourite is a software called Vocabulary Worksheet Factory.  It is fully functional for the first 30 days but even after that you can still make amazing puzzles in different shapes. 

What I usually do is to prepare a vocabulary worksheet for each unit of the coursebook.  I make sentences where the words in question are missing and Ss first try to find the words in the puzzle and then put them in the right sentence.

7 Jan 2009     

eaglestar
Philippines

Frenchfrog, you are always very helpful! I will keep you in my heart.

My best regards,
Stella

7 Jan 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I have the puzzlemaker - and like it a lot.
But what it can�t do, is make crossword puzzles in shapes.
I remember this last Christmas people made crosswords shaped like trees.

how did they do that??

hugs
L

7 Jan 2009     

eaglestar
Philippines

Thank you very much, Koenigin  der Nacht. I really appreciate that you took precious time to help out. I am bookmarking these great sites since I am now making their 3rd periodical test for my students.

Sincerely,
Stella

7 Jan 2009     

frenchfrog
France

You can choose the shape with this one:

Thank you Stella for the frog: I did not have it! Thumbs Up

7 Jan 2009