Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Online learning platform    

Online learning platform

annabelle1654
Germany

Online learning platform

Hello All,

I have a intermediate student who I will be teaching remotely, because of her working schedule.  Is there a good platform that learners and teachers can share, where you can see their progress and work, and make assignments?  I know these things exist, however I �ve never used one.  Which ones would you guys suggest.  It �s only for this one student.

Warmest regards,
Belles

12 May 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

how about wikispaces?
or edublogs?
btw you could use our oes for that http://englishexercises.org/ as well.
I sometimes chat with my ss in gmail.
Sophia

12 May 2012     

Nina Pizzo
Portugal

Have you tried Google Docs? You just need a gmail account, which is free. You can create a document and then share it with your student and enable editing. It allows interaction through chatting as well. A Google site or a blog from blogger.com are also good options but require a little more know-how. 

There �s also dropbox, which is very simple. You create a folder which you share with your student and where both of you upload your documents.

I hope this helps.Smile

Edit: And, of course!, how could I forget?! Wallwisher is great and really user friendly!

12 May 2012     

evafer
Spain

We use Edmodo.It�s a safe way to connect and collaborate. You can send your students contents, assignments and grade them.

The students do not need an e-mail account. Students, teachers and parents may register for free.

It�s very useful for us. Hope it is for you too.

Eva

12 May 2012     

Nina Pizzo
Portugal

@Eva, thank you for your suggestion! Edmodo seems excellet!

12 May 2012     

evafer
Spain

Oh Nina, You are very welcome!

Glad it works for you!!!

Greetings, eva

12 May 2012