Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > English teachers workshop    

English teachers workshop

mahaenglish
Egypt

English teachers workshop

Hello my friends,
                            In my school during the summer vacation teachers used to go to school and train for the next year we used to discuss lessons in front of each other to know our weak and positive points ,we also revise grammar rules.This year we decided to do something different ............ Please can you support me with different ideas about workshop for English teachers That can be creative and helpful????
                                                                                          Many thanks

16 May 2012      

evinches
France

It doesn �t sound like a the best kind of vacation to me but what about doing a workshop using material from eslprintables?
Each teacher could have a selection of three or four contributions from the site (a variety would be good, WS, online ex and power point) and ask each one (or perhaps pairs) to make suggestions as to how best to use the resources with a group or a class. They could present the ideas to the other teachers and maybe use brainstorming to come up with some great ideas and lesson plans.

Good luck to you all whatever is decided.

16 May 2012     

Natashenka
Ukraine

I agree completely with Esther that your workshop could be based on eslprintables. A lot of contributors here have their unique style of arranging and presenting material, so we can �t help admiring their works. Some provide us with picture-based discussions, some with problem-solving tasks, some are real experts at inventing games and conversation activities. So why not, for example, call your workshop "Innovative techniques and methods of teaching English"? You introduce the author and tell about his/her worksheets, discuss his/her principle of systemization of language material. Or, perhaps, each teacher of your school will be responsible for presenting a certain method, etc. You, personally, can tell about your own contributions, how you progressed in making worksheets and developed your own style. So good luck to you and all the best!        

16 May 2012     

mahaenglish
Egypt

Sorry but in the work shop all the staff must work on one idea ,for example, we will all study grammar ........etc . can you tell me what do you do at your workshops or training as English teachers

16 May 2012     

aliciapc
Uruguay

How to implement drama in classes (and it works wonders in class!)
How to elaborate good, effective testing tools
Total Physical Response (for kids)

... and more, depending on the level you �ll be working with.

16 May 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

I agree with Natashenka and aliciapc. Why not concentrate on different methods of teaching? That �s a single, cohesive theme. Then you can have workshops led by different people on methods that each teacher finds especially effective. You, for example, might talk about your wonderful use of multimedia. Your next-door neighbor might discuss games. The teacher down the hall might mention effective discipline or distraction techniques. You learn from each other.

We tend to assume that our teachers know the subject matter, so we don �t teach grammar or pronunciation in our workshops. We focus more on HOW to teach than WHAT to teach.

16 May 2012     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Same here, Moody, we never focus on the English language itself but HOW to teach it and THROUGH it ... BTW, how to use CLIL is another good topic for a workshop !

16 May 2012