Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ???? TO Olindalima. mmargalef AND isabelzr ????    

???? TO Olindalima. mmargalef AND isabelzr ????

Logos
Malaysia

This is turning out to be a nice little discussion - a far cry from the original intention of the original message.  I think most of us are more than aware of the minefield of the the copyright law and technically I would say that probably more than 95% of the worksheets that are uploaded on to this site may be to some extent guilty of breaking some or parts of the technical law.  But the beauty of this site is that it is freely availabe for all - at no cost - and no one gains monetarily from their contributions.  I therefore feel that we may not be following the letter of the law, but we are honouring the spirit of the law. 

Without appearing to be sanctimonious, I would not get too angry about someone copying my work - indeed I would regard it as flattery that someone thought it good enough to copy.  I would be a bit annoyed if they used this work purely for personal gain but it would not bother me at all if anyone took an idea or an illustration and used it for themselves - indeed I actually encourage this.  Why re-invent the wheel?  If someone has a good idea or illustration that suits your particular need, then why not use it?

As has been pointed out by a previous contributor, the site is all about sharing and many of us, who have more than enough points than we actually need are more than willing to share our contributions with newcomers. A person (who shall remain nameless!!!) who has more than 3,000 points can, I think afford to be a bit more generous with their efforts.

27 Sep 2008     

frenchfrog
France

Logos, I am 500% with you!!!! And I totally agree about the 95% too!Wink  But I don�t think it is "a far cry from the original intention of the original message" because if you come to think about it, many of our problems come from the pictures we are using. This post started simply because a member used exactly the same pictures as another member. Well, these pictures do not belong to anybody from eslprintables, so ...
One more thing, I really admire your wisdom, Logos!!!Clap

Frenchfrog

27 Sep 2008     

yingying
China

Hello, everyone. It�s really sad to see this peaceful land be transformed to be a battlefield, and a harmonius partnership be nearly broken. I just want to say if our worksheets are confined to certain formats,there lies a very high possibility that similar sitation will happen again and again. I understand how it hurts when somebody is accused of stealing. Once in my worksheet, one member left a comment which claim mine is similar to hers. When I saw hers, it really looks very similar. You know why, because we have the same cliparts from the same source and we also do the matching exercise. I perfectly understand why she sent such a comment, but at the same time i felt a little bit of being blamed for doing something wrong, which I had not. At that time, I just wanted to clarify this not just to that member , but also to all others.

So, I think the problem of stolen worksheets will never be solved. It�s no use wasting our energy of blaming and fighting. But we really need to be very cautious before accusation. And let�s us all be more creative. And finally, respect, respect, and trust and trust. Without these two qualities, nothing beautiful as eslprintables will be created.

27 Sep 2008     

Glamorous
United Arab Emirates

Dear karen,Heart

Really i was so upset and i became angry too

but now i feel good when i read your comments

THANKS A LOT EmbarrassedHeart Karen

27 Sep 2008     

spring
Turkey

I completely agree with you Frenchfrog...
As you said we are all more or less guilty..
Ownership is a sensitive issue(I don�t know if I used to right adj.)
But many of us aren�t aware of the importance of it.And sometimes we are doing this without realizing.
The result can be very serious, whether intentionally or not.So we should be careful.
And please pay attention to this topic.
I am inviting everybody to "produce"...
Being copied must be flattering as Logos said.But we can just ask for a permission:)))))
Warm fuzzies to everybody( a big hug for this term to Vickii)
And glamorous nobody accused you of anything.I know it is a bad feeling but believe me remarks said to you are the politest..I saw the worst.
Olinda,Miriam and Isabel are very polite and friendly people.We love your work and keep sharing.

Sharing is our goal..Sharing our products..Everybody has his/her own style so as long as we give links to our work there is no problem.It is our duty to take out different ideas from the same material.
But it shouldn�t be  "the same" in my opinion...

27 Sep 2008     

karen1980
Mexico

Thanks Glamorous!!!! let�s continue sharing!!!!...  and you know what..I love bees because as you know most of the teachers have nicknames (luckly we are English teachers and almost everybody calls us " "Miss"  or "Mr" or "Mrs" ) but once I asked to my ss  if I had a nickname and they said "no" but if I had one It would be "little bee" I feel so happy because I think bees are cute and nice (maybe for my forehead hahahahha) so thanks for the pic.... !!!
Regards everyone!!!!

27 Sep 2008     

meuge
Argentina

Hi to everyone!

I am glad frenchfrog brought this issue back.... I remember dealing with it in esldiscussion. It is a pity that the whole discussion was lost. There were very interesting exchanges...
 And I must say I also agree 500% with what Logos is saying...
So people... "warm fuzzies" to everyone!!!! It is good to see most of the times we all come to an agreement....
Keep "creating" and sharing!!!!!Wink

M. Eugenia

27 Sep 2008     

< Previous   1    2