Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Classes for pilots    

Classes for pilots

juanbu
Brazil

Classes for pilots

Hi Dear Friends,

I need some help here. Is there anybody here who teaches pilots? Because I have this student and he really needs to learn English in order to get a higher position. The problem is that I don �t know which kind of material I should use with him, because I don �t have anything about Aviation. Do you have something to help me?
And he needs to pass ICAO exams. So, if you have something related to it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Juanbu

23 May 2012      

foose1
United States

If he is a pilot, than he should already know the Aviation terms. Why bother with the terms.  I would teach him to communicate what he already knows in English.  You can try looking up, VOR, DME, Flight Controls, Collision Avoidance Systems, Satcom, Marker Beacons, Fly by wire, UHF, VHF MLS, Navigation flight plans, and FM Aviation Communication systems, There is a lot more but I cannot think of them all at this time. 

John

23 May 2012     

Nina Pizzo
Portugal

Airspeak, Fiona Robertson (Pearson Longman)

24 May 2012     

rickbell
Brazil

Dude, you gotta ask him what you have to teach. He �s your best reference. Try it!

24 May 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

As Nina said, Airspeak (Longman) you can read the info on this course here http://www.pearsonelt.com/pearsonelt/products/product-detail.page?content=product&isbn13=9781405899857
Sophia

24 May 2012     

juanbu
Brazil

Hey everyone,

Thanks a lot for your help. I �ll check all your ideas.

All the best,
Juanbu

24 May 2012