Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > stolen ws    

stolen ws

Concei��o Sousa
Portugal

stolen ws

Who can tell me why? Are we teachers?
I�ve been here for 2 months and always read about stolen materials. Can anyone feel happy with the points which don�t belong to them, or is there any other reason that I didn�t catch yet?
I still didn� t get the point! (Maybe too stupid....)
What happens to these points?
Victor must have a very hard and unpleasant work to do....

8 Jan 2009      

donapeter
Romania

Today was the first time I saw one of my worksheets and.....I didn�t post it!!! It has another author today!!! But....it has been downloaded  over 80 times so far!!!! and it has over 25 comments!!!
The same user has other stolen worksheets!!!
It is a neverending, everlasting story!!!
D

8 Jan 2009     

pmca
Portugal

I hope I haven�t downloaded it. Which worksheet are you talking about?

8 Jan 2009     

donapeter
Romania

STOLEN:: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=157854#thetop
i noticed it only late afternoon and I left 5 STOLEN comments and Gabitza left one, too...and there are still three users who have left a THANK YOU note after all!!!
Maybe WE, the downloaders, have our part of quilt in this stolen worksheets problem, don�t you think???

8 Jan 2009     

pmca
Portugal

It seems I downloaded it too. I�m sorry.

I REALLY OUGHT TO read the comments first before downloading. Sometimes I do read them, other times I don�t. Today was a no day, I�m afraid... I will make it my New Year�s resolution!

Perhaps there could be some way of signalling a warning - different colour page, a flag, a symbol of sorts that would appear next to the worksheet?

I really think these points should be transferred to its rightful owner.

P.S. I have just deleted the stolen worksheet and replaced it with YOUR worksheet taken from http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=103100#thetop. I think it is the RIGHT thing to do.

8 Jan 2009     

elenaxx
Romania

I think you are right, donapeter. What is worse, is that the one who stole your worksheet is one of our kind. Shame on him/her. Maybe he/she sees this and will have a conscious. Or maybe not, if stealing somebody�s worksheet wasn�t a problem.

8 Jan 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Maybe our webmaster could transfer all the dishonestly obtained points to the rightful owner - donapeter. 

8 Jan 2009     

libertybelle
United States

That is so sad - I can hardly believe people do that on purpose!
I mean, we ARE teachers, not idiots! (hopefully)

But regarding reading the comments - when you click on send a comment -
it takes you to a new column -it passes by the ones already written,
that�s why I don�t always see that a WS is stolen before it�s too late.
Thank goodness that only happened once - and I felt really bad.

The best we can do is warn the others and send a complaint to Victor.
L

8 Jan 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I feel bad about you. People should read the comments section before downloading a document. I wish there was a way for you  to get the points this person stole from you.

Some people here can�t say thank you when they download and obviously, can�t make their own work.

8 Jan 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

I am not going to contribute more materials to this web site. I think it is all fake. Several months ago I contributed with several worksheets and yesterday I decided to have a look and I notices that only 4 people had downloaded them. I though at firsts that they could have been regarded as bad materials by other teachers but when looking for them I saw that one of the worksheets I had created had been downloaded more than 300 times but according to this site it doesn�t belong to me even when I created and published it two years ago in a book I wrote with other teachers and I regitered it. So, the only person who can publish that material is me, cause I am the legal owner of those materials.So, I think that there is no reason for my materials having been deleted and republished by other people. I cannot see the reason why that has happened.

8 Jan 2009     

ssrl10
Spain

Soory, NOTICED I meant

8 Jan 2009     

1    2    Next >