Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > SONGS TO REVISE 3rd PERSON SINGULAR!    

SONGS TO REVISE 3rd PERSON SINGULAR!

estefy_busso
Argentina

SONGS TO REVISE 3rd PERSON SINGULAR!

Hey dear pals from all over the world!!! How are you doing?

I �m teaching 3rd person singular with several verbs, I �ve got Ss aged from 9-12! We �ve been singing and completing different funny songs, and now it �s time to choose a song for this so difficult topic "3rd person singular".

I found a song, a HEAVY METAL one! It �s called "The Flight of Icarus", performed by the British metal band "IRON MAIDEN". Check it out here

Maybe it �ll be useful for you! I love rock and specially metal music.. And my Ss like exploring different kinds of music, like reggae, rock and roll, blues... Even punk rock! so, why not a Heavy Metal song?

Another thing: It would be great to introduce the story of "Icarus" which is pretty interesting as a reading comprehension, then the song, then a writing and speaking activity, even artistic activities, like drawing Icarus and his wings! What do you think? Hope it �s useful!!!

Thanks for your time to read this! Hope you like the song, I grew up listening to it, it �s beautiful!!! :) Hugs from Argentina!!!

2 Jun 2012      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

This would make a really nice topic, great idea. I �ve checked and there are some good Icarus wss on the site as well, including a poem with exercises, Icarus Sickarus, suitable for 12+. This poem could  be  used to spark off a lively discussion about drugs.

3 Jun 2012     

estefy_busso
Argentina

Hey cunliffe thanks for your opinion!Thumbs Up
I checked those worksheets you told me and I downloaded some which are really interesting!

I �ve just uploaded the song, I made a worksheet to complete it and sing it along. You won �t be able to see it right now, maybe tomorrow. Thanks for your suggestions!!!

Hoping for more opinions!!!! Have a great night/day!!!

3 Jun 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Great stuff, estefy, I �ll watch out for it. This will make a really good project.

3 Jun 2012