Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Worksheets by e-mail    

Worksheets by e-mail

Babi965
United Kingdom

Worksheets by e-mail

I�ve come across a member (booda55) who ask people send him/her their worksheets by e-mail! That�s a strange idea and I think it�s against the rules.

Obviously, this member would like to get all the worksheets without using his/her points, but it is not really fair. Especially because sending a worksheet by e-mail means that the person who had made the worksheet wouldn�t get any points for it simple because it wasn�t downloaded!

9 Jan 2009      

micah
Japan

Happy New Year everyone.
I was asked by another member to send 7 of my worksheets and I did. I didn�t mind as long as they were all mine. I wouldn�t send any worksheets made by other members here. And this wasn�t my first to be asked. I agree with ladybird but one member asked me because she needed the worksheet for her tomorrow�s lesson so I sent it with a note saying "please do me a favor and upload your worksheet one day to give back. thanks."

Greetings from Japan.

9 Jan 2009     

dennismychina
China

I had a look at his profile, there is only his name and a flag. He probably doesn�t even intend to anticipate. I think he�s just a chancer.

9 Jan 2009     

Babi965
United Kingdom

Micah, I�m not talking about a single occasion when someone asks for a worksheet as a favour - although I can�t really imagine the reason for that unless it�s really the first time the person is on this site.

What I�m talking about is that as I was doing my downloading this morning I saw the request for the worksheet by e-mail among the comments in various places. When I saw the same message again for the fourth or fifth time, I got annoyed with it.

9 Jan 2009     

micah
Japan

to Babi965
I got your message. In that case, THAT is annoying.
And I must say, I was a little confused when someone (in this case someone I�m not familiar with) just pops in to private messanger to ask for so many worksheets.
 But leaving comments about asking for it instead of thanking for it is not a very good manner. They should know that everybody spends a lot of time making their worksheets and they should earn it instead of getting them free.
Thanks for clearing my misunderstanding and have a good day.

9 Jan 2009