Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > size of doc    

size of doc

procei
Brazil

size of doc

Please, I�d like to know what is the best size of worsheet to post on esl....I am having some problems....I used A4 paper as a model but it doesn�t fit well in esl printable showing...Could you help me? p.s. I use word office...doc extension

I think I didn�t explain well the information I need, some of my worksheets are ok, large enough, the others are too small....

thanks for any kind of help

13 Jun 2012      

MoodyMoody
United States

I can �t see why A4 should be a problem. I �m American, so I use letter size, but A4 is close enough unless the margins are absurdly narrow.

The MEMORY size of the document is more important for ESLP purposes. Worksheets need to be 500 KB or less. (Presentations need to be 2 MB or less.) Look at Computer, find your file, and you should be able to see how much memory your worksheet uses.

13 Jun 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

A4 is exactly the size! It �s the size of a standard ws which is very convenient
When people upload a ws in other formats like legal or letter, it is really frustrating to try and resize it and when you save it in pdf to avoid the pain of resizing it, there �s always a picture which is off or the font is too small for students to read.
If you left margins, that would help the preview of your ws. 
Sophia

13 Jun 2012     

procei
Brazil

Thanks Moody Moody and ueslteacher, I know that the memory is more important, however my last worsheets became too small in the view of esl printables and I don�t know why...ueslteacher I really like the A4...

13 Jun 2012     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I checked the wss and I understand your problem. I �m not sure, but did you group the page elements? If you don �t, they have the bad habit of moving after you upload them... When they move, they may go out of the page, up, or concentrate in the center, as I think happened with your wss.

Try to group everything (Word Art, Textboxes, clipart, etc...) and update the documents.

Hope it helps.

Have a nice evening!

Zailda Coirano

13 Jun 2012