Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What is gong on!!!???    

What is gong on!!!???

raul.vasquez
Chile

What is gong on!!!???

I don �t Know what is going on! I �ve been reported for almost everything single worksheet I �ve posted! Ok, I understand that i can �t borrow material from Other sources! But report a test for having 1 �tem out of 9 that is not mine is TOO MUCH! the last thing was a PPT I uploaded yesterday on "MUSTN �t and Dont have to" is the same as a previous ppt I uploaded but with must and have to! So I �m not sharing anymore work is not fair! I just use some texts on the uses, is that wrong?

13 Jun 2012      

perma
Greece

The ppt (mustn �t / don �t have to) has been reported for watermarked clipart, not for being the same with the other one.
I have no idea about the other contributions you mention but reported worksheets are always checked by many mods before being removed so I guess there must have been something against the rules.
As for the latest ppt I �m sorry but it has indeed watermarked clipart at the 4th slide so it has to be removed.
Perhaps you should check again with the site �s rules Ermm

13 Jun 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

I �m actually much less likely to report than I used to. I didn �t report yours, but if I �d seen it, I would have. Using watermarked pictures (not just clipart) is STEALING them. Legally, using ANY picture that isn �t free usage or that you didn �t pay for is stealing, but it �s very difficult to tell most of the time. Watermarked art is different; the owner is making it very clear that he or she expects you to pay (or at least ask permission) to use the work. Victor could get into serious trouble for allowing stolen work to appear on his site. I will ALWAYS report watermarked art when I see it. The one exception is Philip Martin �s work because he has given us explicit permission to use his works.

Similarly, copying material from another source (book or website) is plagiarism. We won �t tolerate it in our students; why should we tolerate it among ourselves? Again, Victor could get into trouble for allowing plagiarized works.

I do feel your pain, however. One of my worksheets was reported for being a copy from a website I �d never even heard of, much less copied. Apparently my wording was too close. I chalked that up to "Great minds think alike."

13 Jun 2012     

zailda
Brazil

I see no difference between taking all the money from the bank and taking only US$1,000. You admit that one out of 9 items is copied, and the exercises must be written by you to upload wss here.

Maybe you should check the site rules and make sure you understand them completely before uploading your material. 

Of course no one is saying your material is not valuable, it �s not a question of judgement - we �re not here to judge other people �s work, just to vote for the removal of the ones that infringe the site rules.

I want to assure you that even people among the greatest contributors and experienced members sometimes are afraid of being reported, the rules are strict concerning copyright - as much as they should be. 

I only know that not ALL the worksheets you use with your students are to be upload here, just the one you started from scratch (or using a free layout available at the layouts page), with free clipart and free of sentences "borrowed" from anywhere.

If you �re not sure the sentences, examples or exercises are 100% yours, you �d better share only with your friends to avoid unnecessary pain.

We should understand that as English teachers, most of us use / have / have access to English books and sites, and it wouldn �t be fair if someone got points using work available elsewhere.

Points gained easily go away fast too.

Have a nice day!

Zailda Coirano

13 Jun 2012