Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Seasons and Weather PPT    

Seasons and Weather PPT

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Seasons and Weather PPT

I �d like to share a ppt I created for Seasons and Weather for 9-10-year-olds   http://ifile.it/zs5g1it Here �re the instructions how to do it: click "request download ticket", solve captcha and click "continue", click "download now" and save to your computer. The PPT has some images related to Ukraine but you can change them to the ones taken in your country. You can adapt it to your ss � needs but please don �t publish it (unless you mention my name) because I don �t want to be accused of stealing as I �ve already sent it to an e-paper. 
Please let me know if your download was completed successfully.
Sophia

Edit: Some suggestions:
I used the song about clothes as physical, i.e. I added moves imitating the hanging out of clothes on a line, "deary-deary me" - hands on the the cheeks, the shock expression on the face and and bowing your head from side to side, the blowing of the wind and pointing up the tree, I�m sure you�ll get it when you hear the song. The children just love it!
I also had an activity where the students had to classify words from a word bank into four seasons.
I used a CD recording with Vivaldi�s "Seasons" to accompany the slideshow while they were writing sentences about seasons.
We also played a spelling game. I used a poster with double sided sticky tape under the names of the seasons for the pupils to stick the names of the months:

Let�s play a spelling game. (split the class in two teams: team 1 and team 2) On my table there are 12 cards with the names of the months. There are some letters missing. One at a time you come to the table, pick one month and a marker, stick it to the right season, write the missing letter, then give the marker to the next player in your team. Team 1 does the winter and spring part and team 2 does the summer and autumn part of the poster. The fastest team wins. Be fast and attentive.

Ready, steady, go!

Now let�s look at the results. Are there any mistakes?

21 Jun 2012      

Tmk939
Russian Federation

Dear ueslteacher, your ppt is wonderful! It �s a great job! Thank you!

21 Jun 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Super job! Thank you for your generosity.

21 Jun 2012     

papadeli
Greece

Thank you, Sophia!
Greetings from windy Greece!

21 Jun 2012     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Thanks for sharing your work with us!Thumbs Up

21 Jun 2012