Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Just a question    

Just a question

cacucacu
Argentina

Just a question

Please, can somebody tell me if the rules of uploading have changed? 
It �s been a while since I last been to this site and I found out that 6 of my contributions have been deleted. SOme of my ws were uploades at least 2 years ago and there �s nothing wrong about them. I don �t know if the same thing has happened to other members here.
I want to be clear about something: I �m not complaining. I just want to know if the rules have changed. I have great respect for this site and the moderators but there are some things I just don �t understand
Thanks!
Love,
Naty

21 Jun 2012      

douglas
United States

I don �t know why they were reported, but in the last year or two we have had to crack down on ws sheets that have watermarkedclipart in them.We have had an incident or two, where owners of copyrighted clipart have gone to Victor and threatened legal action if their material wasn �t removed.  So it could be that was the reason, that is the biggest "change"that we have had.
Douglas 

21 Jun 2012     

David Lisgo
Japan

Dear Naty,

Nothing personal I assure you but I reported the worksheet you uploaded today, so I am happy to answer your question.

Your worksheet of today and the rule it has broken. "Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair." ("It is acceptable to take a text from other sources (not ESL websites or ESL books)")

It is a copy from http://www.scribd.com/doc/22153338/grammer-practice-for-elementary see exercise 17b on page 28

David

21 Jun 2012     

cacucacu
Argentina

David the activity looks similar. I can grant you that, because I used it as reference, but I �ve changed some names and things. Don �t worry I will delete it myself if it bothers you so much!

21 Jun 2012     

cacucacu
Argentina

Unfortunately, I don �t have access any more to the contributions that have been reported so I cannot delete.

21 Jun 2012     

Jayho
Australia

I�m sorry Natalia but David has correctly identified that your WS contains a section that is almost word for word from that particular grammar book, and yes indeed this does break the rules.

It�s not that it bothers him, but it does clearly break the rules.  We all have books that we know really well and sometimes we see something in a beaut WS that takes our eye and we know straight away that it is not entirely original work.

Once the WS has been voted on you�ll be able to modify it and reupload it.  I recommend that you change as much as you can so that it reflects originality. 

Cheers

Jayho

21 Jun 2012     

cacucacu
Argentina

It �s ok Jayho and David. Apparently, I misunderstood or overlooked this rule. As I mentioned before I �m not complaining it �s just that I found out today that many of my contributions to this site were reported and I felt really upset. I clearly understand now your point and I apologise if I made you feel uncomfortable. I really respect this site and will try to do my best in future contributions.
Love,
Naty

21 Jun 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Good for you, Naty. We all make mistakes - it �s always best to apologise and move on. Have a lovely day.

21 Jun 2012