Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Urgent. Need TV show recommendations for A1 vocabulary club    

Urgent. Need TV show recommendations for A1 vocabulary club

tahntana
Turkey

Urgent. Need TV show recommendations for A1 vocabulary club

Hey everyone, can someone recommend me a tv show that i can use for my vocabulary club for A1 students ? I aim to freeze the show at certain points and discuss the words or phrases. A specific episode would be much more helpful actually. 

22 Jun 2012      

sebs29
Colombia

The Proxy is a youtube mini-series made by the bbc and Ashens,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iOfVgZYu28 each episode has and avg. of 3 mins. Hope this helps.

22 Jun 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

What age are the students?
New Headway Beginner has a series of videos with activities (not a tv show though). Have a look at it here. (That is if you teach adults) You can find the episodes in YouTube to see what you�ll get but the book has all the activities you need before/while/ after watching.
Sophia

22 Jun 2012     

cindyfreksen
Denmark

Any particular aspect of language?

Comedy is a fav for me! I like The vicar of Dibley - this shows village life in Britain - ok it is slightly exaggerated, but very funny!

I have also used Friends as the characters are easy to analyse. I got my pupils (aged 14/15) to characterise the 6 friends, then we wrote an episode - finding a setting and a problem that fitted in with each characters role. I would say that here are a lot of American English expressions too.

Hope that helped
Cindy

22 Jun 2012     

papadeli
Greece

What about this one?

Greetings from Greece,

22 Jun 2012