Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > worksheets for young learners    

worksheets for young learners

fleur
Malta

worksheets for young learners

A little advise for teachers preparing worksheets for young learners.
Please do not use tiny pictures with too many details.  At this age kids enjoy colouring but pictures need to have a simple outline.
Allow enough writing space for children at this age tend to write big letters and words.
Do not use block capital letters in words and find a suitable font. My favourite is ComicSansMs.  I teach six year olds and have found very interesting worksheets but most of the time I have to make too many alterations by changing the fonts and spacing out worksheet contents.
Thanks.

10 Jan 2009      

Jasmine99
Mexico

As you said we must chooes the suitable font

Thanks for this advise

:)

10 Jan 2009     

dennismychina
China

Hi Fleur
I agree with you to a large extent especially with font and capital letters. Comic sans has nice lower case fonts and the �a� is as it is written. As far as colouring in goes, I think it is good to sometimes challenge their creativity. When I taught kindergarten (4yr olds) I included mandalas and nature scenes, along with the normally accepted 4 year old pictures, and encouraged the kids to use shading. As in all subjects, some needed more help and guidance than others (and of cause a few really battled) but in the end they proud of their achievements.

10 Jan 2009