Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Editing Other Peoples Work    

Editing Other Peoples Work

dturner
Canada

Editing Other Peoples Work

Can i alter, add to or improve somebody�s document that has been posted on this site? And if so, what recognition should I offer the original creator.  And can I or is anyone interested in seeing the new version? 
dt

10 Jan 2009      

libertybelle
United States

Hi dturner

I adapt, simplify, add, subtract and correct spelling and grammar before giving worksheets to my kids.

What you do with a WS is up to you, as long as you don�t upload someone elses work as your own.

Classes are different and as teachers, most WS have to be adapted to the individual class and the needs accordingly.

Hope this helps!
L

10 Jan 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

I have done this a couple of times as I am not a creative person, but can adapt and improvise on others ideas.  What I have done in the past is to contact the orignator of the worksheet and told them of the improvements or changes I wanted to make and attach a copy of the new work.  I give them the option of re-submitting the work as their own, but in every case each one has given me permission to submit the work as my own.

I have received a couple of remarks in the comments section that �this work is copied� but the originator has always come back and acknowledged their permission to change the original.  I also acknowledge in my introduction the name of the original work.

I too welcome anyone to take any presentation I have and adapt it and change it in any way they want.  If it is to be re-submitted, however, I would appreciate if they would ask me first.

11 Jan 2009     

crisholm
Spain

Well, I would not take it kindly if someone took my work and edited it and got credit for it as his/her own work. I do not think it is fair. What I would expect is some suggestions as how to improve it, really, or permission to do something different from the original.
There is some exception, though. I would not mind Logos editing some of my work and telling me what he has done and why. In fact, I would be very happy to learn from him - so if you read this and take the (small) challenge, please do. You�re brilliant!

11 Jan 2009