Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > To administration system    

To administration system

ig_lovecraft
Colombia

To administration system

Stop deleting my contributions! I made this reading worksheet by my own. The text was taken from a book, but I wrote the source. This is the 3rd time that my contributions have been deleted without a coherent reason. I think if you don �t stop deleting our contributions, more users like me will get tired of contributing of this page. I won �t upload any more of my worksheets.

12 Jul 2012      

douglas
United States

Dear Ingrid,

If your worksheets are being deleted you�re doing something wrong.  Victor ("administration system") does not usually determine which worksheets are deleted--members with a certain number of points do.  I suspect your problem is that you are taking the texts from ESL books.  You can use some texts, etc. from other sources (cite as necessary), but we are not allowed to take them from ESL resources.  Another common problem is the use of watermarked clip art.  Read the rules:

• Your contributions must be your own creations. You can use free images from cliparts or other free sources. You can also use images that you have subscribed to and paid for.

• You can �t publish any document including pictures or contents taken from iclipart.com, since it �s against their terms of use.

• Worksheets containing watermarked cliparts are not allowed and will be removed from now on.

• Please, don �t use pictures taken from other ESL websites or books, even if you add your own exercises.

As for the attitude you project in your above message--this does not fit to this community.  I understand that it is frustrating to have worksheets removed, but we are a peaceful family here at ESLP and discuss things that bother us.  Your threatening approach does not contribute to the harmony we have long worked-on maintaining.  Please calm down, take a look at the rules again (link is at the top of the homepage), and appreciate what a wonderful resource you have here (for free!).
  • Have a nice weekend,

Douglas

EDIT: I just reviewed a worksheet being evaluated for removal and think I see what the problem is; you did create your own exercises per se, but the are simply too much like the original (I compared it to Scholastic�s book that you got the text from).  Changing one or two words does not qualify as creating your "own" exercises".

13 Jul 2012