Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > can selfhypnosis improve the performance of the students in spoken English    

can selfhypnosis improve the performance of the students in spoken English

neet99
India

can selfhypnosis improve the performance of the students in spoken English

I have just attempted self hypnosis techniques to make my student speak fluently. And the results were surprisingly effective.

Can anyone give some moreClown techniques of self hypnosi
s.

Love

24 Jul 2012      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

You are kidding right?!

Continuing with sarcasm: In Portugal we use hammers!Evil Smile

24 Jul 2012     

neet99
India

Dear friend,

May I request you to please learn self hypnosis and I promise you will find it as best tool for confidence development.

LoveSmile

24 Jul 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

My personal opinion about hypnosis - it mustn �t be used in education.

You might find this article interesting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmalion_effect

Sophia

24 Jul 2012     

alexcure
Poland

I agree with Sophia. You can be accused by the parents of your students of using manipulation or intruding into the spheres restricted for parents. 

24 Jul 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

IMHO It doesn �t matter if you �re accused by the parents or not, if you practice it in your class on yourself or on your students, all the same it �s wrong.
Sophia

24 Jul 2012     

alexcure
Poland

Surely, I agree with you, Sophia. Parents is an additional aspect that I wanted to add.  I was also wondering if neet99 had some problems with her/his students � parents. We need to remember about them before we involve with something that they might not approve of. 

24 Jul 2012     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hypnosis and self-hypnosis are 2 different approaches! i �ve learnt self hypnosis a few months ago because i was depressed and stressed out and it helps me on a daily basis: to fall asleep more quickly, to keep calm in moments of stress...
if done properly there �s no risk for the patient/pupil in this case: self-hypnosis is a mix between learning how to breathe to calm yourself and recalling a soothing image to help you focus on what you want to achieve (in my case I imagine I �m in front of an old wooden door, i push it and follow a well-lit corridor that leads me to a beautiful forest and a small stream that goes into a small pond, under the moonlight...) it �s all about imagining a place where you feel at-ease and recalling that place when you need to!

Edit: by the way I�ve asked a colleague of mine and the school nurse sometimes teaches self-hypnosis to pupils who have a hard time at school (very shy and concentration problems)

24 Jul 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Why is neet99�s account not accessible?

24 Jul 2012     

David Lisgo
Japan

Jayho, it �s because several of his uploads were copies. What more can one say?

24 Jul 2012     

ELOJOLIE274
France

it �s not because this member uploaded worksheets that were not his/hers that self-hypnosis can �t be used with pupils...

24 Jul 2012     

1    2    Next >