Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Worksheet in other languages    

Worksheet in other languages

grazisg77
Brazil

Worksheet in other languages

I don �t mean to be mean Tongue
But today a worsheet that was not entirely in English was published... Isn �t it against the rules?
Best,
Graziella.

24 Jul 2012      

Joeyb1
South Africa

Hi Grazielle,

You are not mean! Yes, it is against the rules.  Worksheets have to be 100% English.
The worksheet should be reported. Smile

Hugs
Joey

24 Jul 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

It is published automatically but then it �s up to members here to try and make an effort to keep the site clean:)
Sophia

24 Jul 2012     

grazisg77
Brazil

Thanks both of you! Smile

24 Jul 2012     

susannista
Austria

In my opinion, reporting worksheets that contain a glossary or table of vocab and phrases with English + one or two other languages is *insert negative adjective / expletive according to your level of tolerance*

We all have basic word skills, and can replace that other language with translations to the language our students speak.
Should we teach mixed groups, there is always the option of deleting that part of a worksheet.

The rule should be modified: e.g. a 10-20% portion of non-English languages should be allowed. 
Alternatively: if the worksheet is easy to modyfy (i.e. does not contain too many - in my mind useless - graphics and designs), non- English should be allowed.

25 Jul 2012     

rodrigoleao2005
Brazil

I agree with susannista.

25 Jul 2012     

susannista
Austria

* modify, sorry

Thanks rodrigoleao2005!

25 Jul 2012