Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > a name    

a name

akvillina
Iran

a name

I want to know if the name Ronia is an english name or not?when you here this name or better to say when you here someone whose name is ronia what o you think about her nattionality?is it an english name?I thought its meaning is the song of god but i had seen some arab people who had this name.wasnt it ang english name?

4 Aug 2012      

akvillina
Iran

or is it ronya?what does this mean?is it an english one?
I consider the meaning because my daugters name is ronia or ronya i dont know!!!!!!!!!!  its persian spelling is diffrent(رونیا(

4 Aug 2012     

miyoko71
Morocco

In Egypt people name (Ranya)

4 Aug 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

It isn �t an English name that I know of, but it doesn �t sound in-your-face foreign either. It �s a little like Ronnie (a nickname for Veronica for women and Ronald for men), and a little like Sonia/Sonya or Tania/Tanya/Tonia/Tonya.

4 Aug 2012     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Ronia is a name used in Germany, but I am not sure of the country of origin.

4 Aug 2012     

Jayho
Australia

According to here

The meaning of the name Ronia is Invented By Astrid Lindgren

The origin of the name Ronia is Scandinavian

Notes: Invented by the Swedish author Astrid Lindgren for her book �Ronia the robber �s daughter �. Also a Hebrew name Ronia/Roniya �song of God �.

4 Aug 2012     

teacher_rhonia
Brazil

Very interesting ! My name`s Rhonia and I didn`t know my name`s meaning.

4 Aug 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Your name has a slightly different spelling.  One website says: The meaning of Rhonia come may come from a profession, such as the name " Fisher" which was given to fishermen.

Check out some interesting US statistics on each of these names: Rhonia and Ronia

Cheers

4 Aug 2012     

ggroneet
Israel

Ronia is an Hebrew name meaning: Song of God, or God �s happiness.
My name is Roneet which means Happy. when you add the YA or IA at the end (which is God in Hebrew) you actually add the name god to the name.

5 Aug 2012     

akvillina
Iran

Thanks for every one
they were helpful really

5 Aug 2012