Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > help: video     

help: video

Mariethe House
France

help: video

Just want to ask how to record a you tube video( from the net ) onto a stick.
Is it possible? Confused
Thank you in advance  for your help.
Marieth�

8 Aug 2012      

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

Hi.

It is very easy indeed.

If you use Google �s Chrome, there is a plug-in that does it for you.

If you do not use Google �s Chrome, there is a site called keepvid dot com, and you copy the Youtube link and paste it into the keepvid page, and then click "download".
keepvid will offer you various formats for saving the file (just as Youtube offers various "video image quality" choices).

You will probably find it super-easy with this info, but if not, please ask again.

Enjoy :)

8 Aug 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

What �s a stick?Confused
Found this tutorial, it might help you.
Sophia

8 Aug 2012     

Mariethe House
France

Mathew: you �re an angel Big smile . Am going to try right now and will ask if I can �t manage! Thank you so much.

Sophia: A USB stick:

8 Aug 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I kinda guessed but I thought it �s called a flash driveConfused Are those the interchangeable legit variants or is there a BrE/AmE difference?
BTW I use Mozilla�s dowload helper to download videos from YouTube.
Sophia

8 Aug 2012     

douglas
United States

Wikipedia says:

In 2005, Microsoft was using the term "USB Flash Drive" as the common name for these devices when they introduced the Microsoft USB Flash Drive Manager application.[59] Alternative names are commonly used, many of which are trademarks of various manufacturers.

I also commonly hear "thumb drive" and usually use "USB stick" or "stick"

8 Aug 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Thanks for the explanation, Douglas:)
Sophia

8 Aug 2012     

Susy M.
Portugal

Hello!

There is a program that you can download to your computer that does that. I use it in my classes because sometimes the internet connection is not very good. You can download and convert the videos to the format you want. It �s youtube downloader and it �s free. Here �s the link:

bye

8 Aug 2012     

Mariethe House
France

Thank you so much Matthew, Sophia and Suzy ( and Douglas undirectlySmile) I have managed to download the video to my computer and I have also downloaded tubecatcher. The next step will be for tomorrowSmile
thank you again for your great help. 

8 Aug 2012     

PhilipR
Thailand

If you don �t want to install software, you can use the site www.keepvid.com which allows you to save YouTube videos. Free of course.

Other alternatives to �stick�:
USB drive
USB flash drive
Thumb drive
Pen drive
Key drive
Memory Stick (Sony TM)
Flash drive
Handy drive (esp. Thailand)

8 Aug 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine